cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't activate sim card

Hdhdfjhffjjffjj
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Just got a new SIM card and I can't activate it. The app doesn't work. I get an error message. It says " Error something went wrong. Please try again." I've closed and retried. Restarted phone, nothing works. So then I tried the website and after 2 factor it gives me bad gateway error. Any know how I can activate a sim? This seems very troublesome and frustrating.

11 REPLIES 11

@Hdhdfjhffjjffjj if you put the sim card in the phone, does it connect??

if not, maybe uninstall the app and login and check if you can complete the activation from there

Still getting error? you need PM to help to update the sim and complete the activation.

open ticket with PM using the Orange Chatbot icon on the lower right. Type the question Submit ticket and select Contact Us to get to ticket open screen

@Hdhdfjhffjjffjj 

The app/website has caching issues. 

Depending on app version (android versus apple), you could clear cache on the app.  

Or delete the app and re-install the app and try again.  

Hdhdfjhffjjffjj

I can login and even enter the authentication. Then I just get errors or bad gateway.

Hdhdfjhffjjffjj

Yes, a new account was made now I'm trying to activate a new SIM that was just received. 

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Hdhdfjhffjjffjj 

Are you activating a new account with new SIM card?  

Or are you wanting to replace your SIM card in an existing PM account?   

The website and app does have some caching issues. 

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Hdhdfjhffjjffjj  In another thread it was reported to be working now, so I just tried the app and was able to log in so it seems to be fixed.

Hdhdfjhffjjffjj

I'm trying to activate my new SIM with no luck. Error after error or bad gateway. Very frustrating.

@Hdhdfjhffjjffjj   Your guess is as good as anyone else's, usually we are informed in advance of an outage but no word from PM so far on this one.  It's inconvenient but not typical, you just hit a bad time unfortunately.

Hdhdfjhffjjffjj

What does later mean? An hour, tomorrow? Any idea when I can simply activate my sim?

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Hdhdfjhffjjffjj 

The app is currently under maintenance. You will need to try again later when it is back up and running or contact a CS_Agent.

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Hdhdfjhffjjffjj  There appears to be a technical problem at the moment, if you want to contact customer service to let them know, send a private message to agents here

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

Need Help? Let's chat.