cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't activate account using app

KrishJ
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi I am trying to activate my new SIM on my apple 6 phone, but can't login to app. The eversafe.id.telus.com does not show anything! How can I activate?

9 REPLIES 9

KrishJ

This was very helpful. So I managed to activate the account and transfer the phone number. I can take and receive calls. HOWEVER, I still can't access the website because it wants to grant full access by sending a 6-digit code that I need to confirm. The phone number (last three digits) matches with the phone's number, BUT no code is sent.

Isn't there something about the iphone 6 being incompatible with the app? You can sign up and pay using the web site. But you need to finish the sign up in the app. You could use someone elses phone to do that and then remove the app after and thereafter use the web site.

Adding - this site says it needs ios 14 or newer. The iphone 6S can run that. Not the 6.

KrishJ

I cleared the browser cache, but same problem. Only wish there would be another way to activate the account, because this is an old iPhone 6 running Safari browser. I was thinking of trying some other browser, but both Firefox and Chrome need higher iOS version. I wonder if the tech support guys can activate it in the back end.

PhilWarner
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My iPhone 6 wasn’t compatible with the eSIM and I ended up in an infinite loop of logging into the app. I bought a physical sim off amazon for $4.99 and then logged a service ticket…it worked. 

Can you try reinstalling they Public Mobile app and see if that works? 

maple_leaf
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hello @KrishJ , You do have to complete the activation using the Public Mobile app installed on your phone. Can you try clearing your cache and cookies on your phone? Then, try relaunching the app. See link below for instructions for PC/Android/iPhone. Also, if on Android, you could go into Settings > Apps > Public Mobile app, and click Force Stop, then Storage and Cache > click Clear Cache > click Clear Storage.

Clear Cache/Cookies:
https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/32050?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop

Hope this helps.

KrishJ

Thanks. I have created the account and added a plan and entered the SIM number, etc. It is the last step that I can't do - the activation, because when trying to sign in using the App on the phone, it takes me to which doesn't show any content. Reloading doesn't change anything.

@Chalupa_Batman wrote:

I'd suggest trying to register on a PC.

www.publicmobile.ca

I'm unsure if the customer is trying to open a new Public Mobile account or if this is simply a SIM card swap, but for customer performing new actrivaiton, I do not believe that can be completed at this time from the website.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

I'd suggest trying to register on a PC.

www.publicmobile.ca

Need Help? Let's chat.