cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't access voicemail

jackiehaff
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

When I am using my voicemail service it tells me I have a message. So I press 1 and it reads out the phone number and says "please press one now". When I press one it just tells me to press one now and nothing happens. Please help me 

10 REPLIES 10

jackiehaff
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have set up my voicemail and have been using it with no problems for a few months. 

What happens is when I am in my mailbox I press 1 and it says "new message from 1 888 8888" then it tells me to continue press 1 again. Which is what I always do but this time it just repeats "please press 1 to continue" every time I press 1. I thought maybe someone else had experienced this before. I will contact the moderator team. 

I hope my post makes sense. I'm not so good with words. I will contact customer support.

Thank you to everyone who responded. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@jackiehaff wrote:

When I am using my voicemail service it tells me I have a message. So I press 1 and it reads out the phone number and says "please press one now". When I press one it just tells me to press one now and nothing happens. Please help me 

@jackiehaff ,

That feature should work. Try rebooting or a reset of network settings.

Are you just hitting and holding the "1" on your phone dialer?

Try calling your Voicemail Access number directly and see if that is any different.

Here is a list of the Access numbers, as posted by @Nezgar. Find which one is your area and add it as a contact (if you don't already have it added):

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Using-Your-Service/Updated-list-of-Voicemail-Access-N...

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@jackiehaff wrote:

Hi @jackiehaff on your device, press 1 until you hear the voicemail menu.  Here is voicemail main menu

Voice Mail menu - main menu.png

to listen to your messages, press 1. If you do not hear your messages, do not press anything else.  Reboot your device.  It might help to wait 50 minutes before trying again.

If still not able to access your voicemail, contact the Moderator_Team.

Two ways to contact the moderators:

• Faster way – Click the chat bubble at the bottom right of the page or click this link  >> type “Voicemail trouble" >> click "Contact Us" >> click "Click here to submit a ticket"
  • Slower way – Send a private message to the Moderators_Team here.  You have to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work. 

It may take up to 48 hrs (faster response these days) to receive a reply from the moderators.  Keep an eye on the envelope icon on top right for a number to pop up. That would be the moderator’s reply. 

Please keep us posted.  thanks in advance

RosieR

@HALIMACS wrote:

@dabr wrote:

@HALIMACS wrote:

I could be mistaken, @jackiehaff , but as soon as you hear the indicator that you have a new message, I believe you need to press "1"  "1"   (i.e. press the #1 digit, twice)

@HALIMACS    You only need to long press for a couple of seconds (hold down) the digit "1" to access the voicemail.

To access it, yes.

However, when accessing number through the voicemail number remotely, doesn't a user need to press "1" twice to access the 'new' messages?

Truth be told, i'm only going on memory here...

You'll hear the prompts to hear the message once you're in your voicemail and I don't remember which digit you press, but it's more than possible that it's "1" again.  I don't have any messages to confirm it either ATM.

@jackiehaff 

Did you set up your voicemail when you signed up for your account?

Here are some help articles about voicemail:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/qc/get-help/articles?category=phones&subcategory=voicemail-features

@dabr wrote:

@HALIMACS wrote:

I could be mistaken, @jackiehaff , but as soon as you hear the indicator that you have a new message, I believe you need to press "1"  "1"   (i.e. press the #1 digit, twice)

@HALIMACS    You only need to long press for a couple of seconds (hold down) the digit "1" to access the voicemail.

To access it, yes.

However, when accessing number through the voicemail number remotely, doesn't a user need to press "1" twice to access the 'new' messages?

Truth be told, i'm only going on memory here...

@HALIMACS wrote:

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You can also access your voicemail from a landline or any other phone line, by dialing your 10-digit phone number, selecting ‘Send’ or ‘Call’ and then pressing ‘*’ to skip the system greeting.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@jackiehaff wrote:

@jackiehaff   Not sure why you're not able to access your voicemail messages but maybe try rebooting your phone. 

Need Help? Let's chat.