cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can send individual MMS text but cannot send photos or received group chats

Celty
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I recently switched to public mobile in January and ever since then I haven’t been able to send pictures to androids via text and when I’m Included in a group chat with an android user, I just get Indicidual messages. I’ve made sure my data is on, made sure sms is on. Restarted the phone. Customer support is saying my iMessage needs to be turned off but my other family members with public mobile don’t have this problem and their iMessage is still enabled. Please help!

5 REPLIES 5

@Celty   Picture and group chat messages don't go by SMS, they need MMS enabled.  On my iPhone that setting is below the Send as SMS setting.  Do you have it enabled?   In Send and Receive is your phone number checked in both?

Celty

I have an iPhone 12. Data is already enabled 

Celty

Thanks, tried this and no luck

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

What phone do you have?
Use NATIVE texting app to send/receive SMS/MMS. For MMS data has to be on even though data will not be used.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Celty 

it is more an iPhone problem

try this, remove the phone number from iMessage settings, then reboot and then put the number back

Start a new group with some android users (do not use the old groups that already there) and test a message with pcitures

Need Help? Let's chat.