cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not receive calls from Bell

dextershaw26
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My number can receive calls from telus providers but not from Bell. If a Bell user tries to call a busy tone occurs.

18 REPLIES 18

Your feedback is MUCH appreciated! At least now we know one problem is really resolved.

@dextershaw26 wrote:

Another Update Bell called me today and said they fixed the issue by rerouting the calls. For some reason they were being blocked so problem solved.

@dextershaw26  thanks for coming back with the update!!  glad it is finally resolved!!

that was interesting.. so, you really got issue receiving calls from Bell for BOTH lines? did Bell said why both?  this was a bit weird

dextershaw26

Another Update Bell called me today and said they fixed the issue by rerouting the calls. For some reason they were being blocked so problem solved.

dextershaw26

I got a hold of Bell and created a ticket with them.  They called me back and said they would make a ticket and look into it.  Magically today I now receive calls from Bell on both lines that were having issues before.  I have no idea who fixed it but it's fixed. If someone calls and tells me what they did to fix it I will let you all know.

@dextershaw26 wrote:

Thank you, how long does it usually take for the agent to respond?

@dextershaw26 

During business hours, you will often get an answer within an hour.

During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:

• Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST

dextershaw26

Thank you, how long does it usually take for the agent to respond?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@dextershaw26 

It could be on the pm side just a weird coincidence that it is two lines with the issue. There is some kind of back end setting that isn't accepting numbers from bell that has to to be reset or whatever the tech team does in these situations. I'll see if I can find the thread that solved a similar issue with Rogers numbers not being able to reach pm customers.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

dextershaw26

I've had the lines for a month.

dextershaw26

Yes and only Bell, Bell is looking further into it I was just on the phone with them again.  They created a ticket. It'll take up to 10 days for a response. In the mean time I sent a message to a CS_Agent. Hopefully someone has an answer.

@dextershaw26   one second, so both new lines Bell cannot reach you?

how long you have these 2 new lines?

dextershaw26

Both lines were new no porting took place.

@dextershaw26 wrote:

Worth another try, we were on with bell for over an hour trying to figure it out yesterday. They concluded that it was something on PM side that wasn't connecting properly.  I have a second PM line that is doing the exact same thing.

@dextershaw26  - wait, you have a SECOND PM line that is doing the same thing? Was this PM line also ported from Bell?

Well, something is not right on one or both side here.

If I were you I would submit a ticket with Public Mobile CSA as well, it is too weird.

Two ways to contact CSA found here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

Please come come back and tell us if Bell or Public Mobile had a reason or solution to explain it.

dextershaw26

Worth another try, we were on with bell for over an hour trying to figure it out yesterday. They concluded that it was something on PM side that wasn't connecting properly.  I have a second PM line that is doing the exact same thing.

@dextershaw26   please have your friend to open a ticket with Bell and escalate to look into it further.  I seen this before.  Somehow Bell database thought the number is with Bell and hence the calls did not get routed out of Bell and hence never get to you..  The issue could be that it was ported onto Bell before , the person left but Bell didn't delete the entry off the Bell database

dextershaw26

Everything else works fine. The only issue is Bell phones can not call me. I have had multiple bell numbers try to call and none get through.  Other Public mobile and telus phones call me just fine. Ill try messaging the CS agent.

Does other services work? SMS from Bell number or any other number? Internet?

Interesting case. I would like to hear what other could suggest...

dextershaw26

I recently signed up with PM, the number was one I chose from a list of numbers, I did not port from another provider. I have family that is on bell they tried to call and kept getting a busy tone so we called Bell to see if it was something on their end. The Bell agent tried calling the number and got a busy tone as well. So I asked a friend to try and call from his phone he is on telus and he got through just fine.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Did you recently port your number? How about other providers? VOIP land lines? Rogers?

Need Help? Let's chat.