cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not hear caller voice also caller can not hear my voice

tommy20061222
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have Alcatel android phone which bought from PM site couple weeks ago.  The problem I am facing now is that when I get incoming call , I can not hear caller voice and vice versa. Can someone tell me what is going on here? Thank you!

11 REPLIES 11

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@tommy20061222 

The iPhone works fine calling other phones other than the flip phone? That's a weird issue I wonder which phone actually has the issue? I will have to test that out myself once I recieve my flip phone but you may also want to consider if you are still within the 30 days or already contacted customer support within the 30 day return window and you have recieved the promotional email from pm about the phone sale......returning the phone anyways and reordering the phone today to take advantage of the discounted price and $30 credit.  Or ask pm to "price match" if you qualified for the $30 credit in the previous promotion.

@tommy20061222   how long you got the phone from PM?  if it is within 30 days, open a ticket with PM and turn for full refund

if it is already over 30 days, then you can only ask for repair or exchange.

Before doing so, I would probably do make sure you got the latest system update for the phone, then do a factor reset of the phone and see if it helps

if not, then open ticket with PM and ask them for repair or replacement

To open ticket with PM for CPO related issue, please message them :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

tommy20061222

Hey , guys, i just tried to call this phone from a regular phone line, works fine...i.e. i can hear voice from both sides. Looks like it is a specific problem when call from Iphone to this phone... not sure what it is.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@tommy20061222 

Do you have any audio working on the phone? You can try rebooting in safe mode to determine if it's a third party app causing the problem. A factory reset may fix the issue but if you are within the 30 days since purchase I would recommend contacting customer support for a "no hassle" return or exchange. As long as you reach out to customer support within the 30 days you're covered. Include your order #, original shipping address and email used for the order in your private message or support ticket. You can discuss your options with the CPO Phone department. If it's past 30 days you can get warranty support to take it in to your nearest telus store once approved.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Get-Support-Contact-Customer-Support/td-p...

tommy20061222

Hey, just silence. I do not have Bluetooth headsets attached to the phone. I know this shouldn’t be matter but I will mention any way. I use iPhone to test this. Thank you for help.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@tommy20061222 

When you make a call do either you or the other caller hear anything? Or just silence? Speakerphone is the same? Does the phone have a headphone jack? Try headphones and see if you can hear the caller. Same if you have Bluetooth headphones test using them as well. Have you tried a "phone" call thru a different app like messenger or whatsapp? Does the same issue occur?

You mention an incoming call....what about outgoing calls? Does the same issue occur?

tommy20061222

Hey, thank you. I did what you suggested, all settings look right to me. Is there any particular setting you want me to look into ?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@tommy20061222 

Check your phone settings in the phone app. Go to the 3 dots at the top right corner to see if you have enabled a setting affecting it.

tommy20061222

Hey, I have no Bluetooth enabled. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@tommy20061222 

Any chance you have enabled Bluetooth? Try turning speakerphone on/off during a test call.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@tommy20061222 

Try rebooting, resetting network settings or reinstalling SIM card.

Try sim in another unlocked phone to make sure it is not an account problem.

If it is a phone problem…..https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/phone-warranty-returns-repairs

Need Help? Let's chat.