cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can-US plans

RetiredTeacher
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi.  I am a snowbird and looking at changing my subscription from a basic to the Can-US wide plan.  I believe this will give me talk text data service while I am in the US with my Canadian number.  Does anyone have experience with this plan in the US.  How is the service?  Any input will be useful.  Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@RetiredTeacher  It’s a true snow bird plan . You can use it in both countries to call to and from talk text and data . Just remember when in the US to have data roaming turned on in phone settings . Also set your network to 4G/LTE not 5G and make sure your connected to T mobile or AT&T some have also confirmed that Verizon works in some places so just be sure to try all 3 and use what works best for you 

eddieO
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@RetiredTeacher, my wife and I have this plan and it's excellent for all the reasons you pointed out. Newer phones that are on Public Mobile's VoLTE whitelist of devices will work best for voice calling but you can still make it work with T-Mobile's limited 2G service or you can use your data for apps like WhatsApp etc.

Scroll towards the bottom for a list of VoLTE-roaming enabled devices:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/volte

Need Help? Let's chat.