cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I transfer a 613 number to public mobile?

SnobbishPuppet
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

6 REPLIES 6

SnobbishPuppet

Not really anything in particular with Fizz, just had tried it previously and was frustrated that I pretty much wasted money to get their sim card since I didn't want to change number 

ottawa
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Sounded like that was an attempt to port IN to Fizz. I believe Fizz only offers service where Videotron has towers (so QC and the A-40/417 corridor, essentially). I don't think they'd support Kingston, for example.

PM sounds like a better bet for porting, but still worth checking first.

OP, was Fizz important for some reason? You _could_ get a new # (Ottawa or QC) and then abandon existing # or port it to a service that would forward it. Overall PM is probably a better bet unless there was something specific you were looking for that they don't offer and Fizz does (the only thing(s) I can think of are 4G -- now offered by PM) and full-time US roaming.

@SnobbishPuppet   who said couldn't?  Fizz?

What is the next 3 digits after area code?

Fizz has to release your line unless you have some contract issue with them, but still, they need to release the line and you might need to pay the fine to break the contract

SnobbishPuppet

It says yes there but Fizz also told me yes and then I bought a sim card and then they said I couldn't

Hopefully it'll work here

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@SnobbishPuppet  

Please check the Koodo site for porting eligiblity:  Check Eligibility to Move (koodomobile.com)

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@SnobbishPuppet   generally speak, YES

but it really depends on the next 3 digits after the area code

Plese check if it can be ported here:

https://secure.koodomobile.com/checktransfereligibilityparrot/checkSingle.do

or provide us the next 3 digits after area code and we can help

Need Help? Let's chat.