cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I register an old SIM card with a new number?

RSM99
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So, here's the situation:

I ordered a public mobile SIM card several months ago, registered with it, and my service didn't work. Assuming it was an issue with the card, I ordered a new one and had the same problem. When I got help, they told me it was a system error and not the SIM card, and they sorted it out and everything was good. My partner is now hoping to switch to public mobile, and I'm wondering if I can just register his phone number on that old SIM card, assuming there's nothing wrong with it. Or has it become unusable because I registered it with my phone number, even if my phone number is now registered with a different SIM card?

Hope this makes sense. Thanks in advance.

5 REPLIES 5

RSM99
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Perfect answer. Thank you!

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@RSM99 

It is very rare that there is a problem with a SIM. Alway contact a CS_Agent to sort out the SIM issue.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@RSM99 no, sim card can only be activated once and. cannot be used to activate another account

HOWEVER, get the old ticket number, open a new one and ask them to refer back.  Explain the situation and ask them to send you back a new one as it was a system issue originally and they should reimburse you for the extra sim cost.  I hope that works. 🙂

Meow
Mayor / Maire

You cannot use old SIM. As soon as service is terminated SIM is deactivated forever.

You would need new SIM in order to start service with PM.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Once activated, and then deactivated by another SIM card being associated with your number, the SIM card cannot be used again.

ADDING:  you can get a new one either on this site, or through a corporate Telus, Koodo or Mobile Klinic location.  Or via Amazon.

Need Help? Let's chat.