cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I close my account please!

KerryC
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Just became a customer, tried carrying over my old number but it never worked. I can't do anything in the app or account settings since it needs a code that's sent to the old number. Which can't get any texts or anything! Doesn't help you have no actual support that you can call or the like.

19 REPLIES 19

Grandkids

You have to contact your old provider and they will transfer your number.  That's what I did and they had no problem doing it. 

TheSterlinger
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Send the message because they might take a while to get back to you anyway, and hopefully when you wake up tomorrow they will have gotten touch with you. Provide as much information as you can. Your email, the phone number. Name. Whatever you use to sign up so that they can identify you and reduce the back and forthtime. 

🍷

KerryC

It's a sound idea (waiting that is!) I'm just very frustrated. I can't do anything at all with my number at this moment. I didn't realize there was no phone support. I'd just like to close this account and start with a new number so I'm not double dipping at payment time. 

KerryC

I just get stuck in the perpetual loop of e-mail codes, which then leads me to the text code to verify. I've almost had enough for the night. Thanks all for the help! I'll pickup tomorrow and hopefully get this resolved.

TheSterlinger

Not a good idea. I know it's frustrating but give it a few days.  I heard you will be banned from using cc in the future for 12 months. Can't confirm personally. Give pm a chance to fix it.

Electro_Mac

That should bring up email option I think

KerryC

There is but I can't get anything text or sms since the number porting failed.

Electro_Mac

Is there resend code try that if there is

KerryC

Sounds like a plan! I'm almost tempted to just waltz into my bank and issue a stop payment if it can't be resolved.

TheSterlinger

I think because the account cannot be verified yet, you won't have that email option. So proceed to follow at @softech suggestion and send a private message.

KerryC

All I get to is the "Confirm your identity" landing page that's trying to get the code to the number I can't get. I see no box on the page to select e-mail the code.

Electro_Mac

There should be a drop box tap on send by text then if remember right it’ll show by email

KerryC

I'm not seeing it.

KerryC

No sim was available lost the phone, got a pixel and downloaded an e-sim. Maybe I'm out of touch with these new phones. Service is still active on the other phone. Other words sounds like I'm out of luck.

Electro_Mac

Open app again try to log in…when send code comes up there is option to send by email.

KerryC

I'm still locked out of my actual account though. I can use the chat since it gathers my token from here but anything account related needs the 2fa code which I can't access due to the failed number transfer. E-mail a code isn't an option since it garners the same result, I need the 2fa code to verify the account. Which again can't receive the code!

Jess31
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Did you take the old sim card out of the phone? You need to leave it in until you get all the conformation text. Also it still needs to be active with your old provider. The online instructions will tell you when it is time to swap the cards.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@KerryC 

is the account with you old provider active?? it has to be active for the number to port

but discuss with support and see if they can help to complete the port, or help to close the account if you want .  Please submit ticket by direct message 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after ticket submitted, CS Agent will reply to you there           

@KerryC wrote:

Just became a customer, tried carrying over my old number but it never worked. I can't do anything in the app or account settings since it needs a code that's sent to the old number. Which can't get any texts or anything! Doesn't help you have no actual support that you can call or the like.

A ticket can be opened using the chatbot to contact a customer support agent.  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

Need Help? Let's chat.