cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I CANCEL my purchase of a SIM card?

a3por4
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

HI,
I'm a foreign traveller and just bought on line a SIM Card at Public Mobile.
The shopping page informed a shipping delay of 2-business days, so I confirmed my order.
Then I received a confirmation email stating that the delivery would take 5 to 10 business days.
I can't wait this delay.  HOW CAN I CANCEL MY PURCHASE BEFORE IT GETS SHIPPED?

tks

6 REPLIES 6

Hi @a3por4   thanks for the update

a3por4

Hi there,
I just want to thank you guys for your quick replies and useful tips,
The CSA contacted me the next day after my posting and the situation was sorted out.
I went to a store and bought a SIM card wiith a plan that suits my needs.
THANK YOU! Big time

@a3por4 wrote:

Tks for your realistic approach. I appreciate it.
I do not expect to have my purchase cancelled nor to be refunded,
but the delay is so ridiculous that I decided to nag the company.
Regards

The timeframe of 5 to 10 bussiness days isn't an indication of a delay.  The turnaround time of about 2 buisness days before it is shipped means that it would be in transit for roughtly 3 to 7 business days.  That's a regular shipment time for Canada-wide mail and shipments.

a3por4

Tks for your realistic approach. I appreciate it.
I do not expect to have my purchase cancelled nor to be refunded,
but the delay is so ridiculous that I decided to nag the company.
Regards

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @a3por4   no, PM sim card deliver can be anywhere from 5 days to 3 weeks.

To get it quick, go to a Telus or Koodo store and ask them for a Public mobile sim card, they will sell you that

For your existing order, I doubt they will refund you as it said clearly on the site, no refund.  But you can ask as you have a special situation.  Please message them here

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

That could be tough, but you could try to contact a CSA.   It does usually take 1-2 days before they can fulfil the order so they may be able to catch it before it goes to Canada Post.

Hopefully they can, because in all likelihood, you may be looking at up to a month before you will receive one.   If you need one really quick, try going to a corporate TELUS or Koodo or Mobile Klinik location.   If you do activate a service here, when you no longer need it, be sure to remove the auto-pay feature to ensure the service doesn't auto-renew. 

To contact a Customer Support Agent, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type uCustomer Support Agent, then select Contact Us, then select Other (or the topic that more closely matches your request).  Click the result which states Click here to submit a ticket and follow the prompts,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the Customer Support Agent by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

Need Help? Let's chat.