cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls from Condo Front Door to Galaxy S9

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

Until yesterday everything worked as normal. When someone would call from the front door it would ring through to our respective cell phones. Hers a Galaxy S9, mine a Pixel 5. Then all of a sudden calls from the front door to the S9 don't ring through to the phone, they ring for the caller at the door and eventually go to voicemail. Calls to the Pixel 5 from the front door worked fine. I swapped the sims in the 2 phones and tried again. This time calls to my wife's name from the front door (used to be in the S9) ring through normally to the Pixel 5. Alas you can see where this is going lol. Calls to my name from the front door (sim was in Pixel 5) fail to ring through to the S9, instead eventually going to voicemail. All other incoming calls to the S9 work fine, ringing through to the phone.

I have tried restarts. I have removed the sim from the phone, cleaned it, tried it in a different phone where it works, replaced it in the S9 where it doesn't work from the front door. I placed my sim in the s9 where calls to me from front door don't work. I did a network reset, didn't help. Is this a sign of things to come? The first step in the phone failing?

Any ideas or insights are greatly appreciated.

40 REPLIES 40

@will13am Programming that panel is done somewhere else by someone else. We have 2 entries, one for each of us. The number rings through fine on my Pixel 5 regardless of the PM account in it. Neither one rings through to the S9

@darlicious No inadvertent blocking of the front door number, I just checked our blocked list. It is just this one "caller" so far that won't ring through to the S9, regardless of the sim in it.

@kb_mv wrote:

@will13am The last phone update was almost 2 months ago. The last update to the calling app was almost a year ago.

Is there anything programmable in the front door software that can be tweaked?  

@softech Prior to yesterday there was no issue with calls coming through. Normally a ring or two would be heard at the panel before it would ring at the phone. It must ring 10 times before voicemail pics up so I don't think that's an issue. I'll try to force it to 3G and let you know how it works out.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@kb_mv 

Have you checked all of your phone settings? Is number that the intercom uses been blocked? Reported as spam? Unknown caller? Off your contacts list? Compare the S9's settings with the pixel phone's settings to see if there is difference?

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account in your private messages only include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

@kb_mv wrote:

@will13am The last phone update was almost 2 months ago. The last update to the calling app was almost a year ago.

haha.. Yes, S9 is on the tail end of the support, only getting quarterly security update.  😞

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

If everything else works fine (calls/SMS/Internet) when other people call or you call them BUT only 'calls from front door' do not work it has to be something with that connection.

Are you in a condo or this system (door-phone) is in a house?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@kb_mv You tried 3G ONLY ?

Also,  from the front door, it seems like it was connected and it rings a bit before it goes to the voicemail?  How about setting the number of rings before voicemail longer?  I wonder if the calls kinda "arrived" on the S9 already but it doesn't ring early enough and the calls are directed to VM already

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

It is hard to say exactly what is going on.  Was there any software updates immediately prior to the S9 having problems receiving these calls?  Maybe try deleting the cache in the phone apk and restarting the app.  

Need Help? Let's chat.