cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extra 1

ashleyskye
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I have a Samsung galaxy 9 and most calls I get or dial have an extra 1 in front of them. My husband is having the same issue. Yes, we have tried turning them on and off!

7 REPLIES 7

@ashleyskye what error recording you got??

try to reseat the sim card first.  Power down the. phone first, take sim card out for 5 mins Then power up and test.  

also, try to swap the sim between the 2 phones and see if it works 

ashleyskye

Have canada wide calling,  calls do not work 

ashleyskye

All my contacts have a 1 on front of them. All worked before

Just add the 1 to all your contact numbers. It doesn't hurt. When manually dialing, just add the 1. More lack of pain. One tap.

Define "local number"? Local does not mean physically close to the phone. It means the area code and prefix belong to the local calling area that you're currently in. Maybe the number belongs to another area and you have to dial the 1 because it's traditionally a long distance number in your area.

Adding - @Pete 

Pete
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just started having the same problem about a week ago.  I have a Pixel 7, which used to work fine.  Now, all of a sudden I get the message, "Invalid number" when I dial a 10 digit local number.  Adding the 1 country code resolves it, but of course, I don't want to do this. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@ashleyskye - are the calls you make still completing, going through to the recipient? If so, then no worries, unless you have one of those grandfathered provincial plans and you are unsure if this will pull from any canada wide calling addons you may have on your accounts.

If you are on a Canada wide calling plan, and calls go through, no harm no foul.

Maybe add a '1' to all your contacts in your phone.

Patchio
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@ashleyskye 

You had the same issue two years ago, would any of the solutions suggested in that thread help, specifically esjliv and will13am’s posts?

One other thing. I have an older Samsung phone as well, and unless a phone number is saved as an actual contact beforehand, your phone will display it with an extra 1 in front of the phone number automatically. This happens when you receive a call or message from the non-contact phone number, and even when you dial or send a message to the same non-contact phone number. 

This isn’t something you can turn on or off, and it shouldn’t be an issue provided that your plan includes Canada wide calling. 

Need Help? Let's chat.