cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls dropped in USA

Karyathena1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have the new 50gb USA call and text plan. My phone made and received calls the first two days of my trip then suddenly stopped. All calls drop immediately after dialing and I can't receive calls. It's not an area thing as I was literally in same location when I made last working call. Then 10 mins later nothing. It's been 24 hrs. I've restarted phone, Toggled airplane mode, turned phone off. Turned wifi off and on. 

3 REPLIES 3

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

Try disabling 5G on your phone (set it to 4G/LTE preferred in your network settings). And if your phone is connecting to Verizon, you may have to manually connect to AT&T or T-Mobile. 

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Karyathena1  What phone do you have, is it on PM's VoLTE list here?

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/volte 

If it's not on the list then set T-Mobile as the carrier and drop the phone to 2G. If it is on the list then if you are on 5G then change it to 4G/LTE and try both T-Mobile and AT&T.  Make sure data roaming is still on.  Do texts and data work?

Alanna96
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

1. Put roaming to on / Turn off any roaming restrictions.

2.  Look in your account to know if roaming feature is enabled. 

3. Get your device set to auto connect in network settings

4. Sometimes if you're near a border, it'll drop calls because each country has different providers which make, sometimes, networks drop, your, calls. Otherwise it is good.

Need Help? Let's chat.