cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pause data and phone calls

FTT
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, is it possible to set parental controls to pause the DATA and phone call access?  I already set controls with my provide for WiFi and Internet  but I think my child can still text with DATA and make phone calls.  Any advice will help.

7 REPLIES 7

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

You don't need either wifi or data to send regular sms.

You can use it anywhere. 

School, the park, bus.

Only picture messaging MMS requires data or wifi to be on, even though it won't count towards your usage.

That is my understanding.  I'm on Android. Maybe IOS is different. 

FTT

Hi, if they run out of data they can still send and receive texts if the WiFi and INTERNET in the house is ON.  If it is OFF, then I don't think they can.  Is that right?

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

@FTT  unfortunately not. Even if you pause the data by removing autopay the maximum time without losing the service is 90 days.

Even if they run out of  data they can still send and receive texts no problem. 

If they have limited outing minutes,  they can still receive unlimited incoming calls.

You cannot stop calls from coming through or going out unless you block that particular phone number(s).

It's tough when you got young ones; you just have to speak with them and trust them to do the right thing.

slusagm
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

i offered some suggestion above already.

FTT

I believe I already told them to stop offering an Add-on.  What about phone calls, my original questions included phone calls also.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@FTT 

Unfortunately not, PM doesn’t have this feature. You can’t pause data usage.

Also, if data is almost running out. They will get a text to purchase a data Add-on. In this case, you will need to reply to the text with #STOP to stop further text from PM.

slusagm
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

if you want to pause, you might want to suspend the PM account

or you might want to use the parental app on the phone or make him use the old dump phone

Need Help? Let's chat.