cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call history full of outgoing calls I didn’t make!?!

SherryS
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have been out of the country for the last months, and paying for the $35/month plan despite not being able to use my phone number at all. I just logged on to change to the basic plan and took a look at my call history for the last 90 days (the max I can check). It has at least 5 to 15 outgoing calls daily of varying lengths (5-35min) to the same Toronto number. There is no one in my contacts with this number, and I have not made any calls at all. I am afraid if I change plans, whomever is “using” my number will hit the basic call limit in a day. Any idea how to solve this issue? I would like to keep my number, as it is my official contact number - but is it being used fraudulently?!? Has anyone encountered this issue? Many thanks in advance 🙏🏻

edited by computergeek541:  miscategorized

6 REPLIES 6

veenadua
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Same is with me so many list of calls we disliked and received but never received or disliked any nod except our know nod 

SherryS

Thanks for reply and advice  🙏🏻
I will pay $15 a month until needed. I do want to keep the number and avoid at least 50 other hot messes 😬😁

HI @SherryS   If you are still out of the country, yes, you can change your plan to $15 to save some money. But if you are going to make a plan change, you should scheduled it for next renewal date.  There are buttons "Change plan now" and "Change plan on the next renewal date", so, you click the next renewal date one

In fact, you can even disable Autopay and let it suspended at the end of this cycle and then manually load fund  to reactivate the service when you are back.   But if you are going with that, you need to make sure you reactivate no later then 85th day after the plan was suspended or you will loss the number. (So, if that is a bit trouble, then just change plan to $15)

SherryS

@computergeek541 @softech 

Okay, the one number is ending in 4001 and the other numbers are either my phone or random. I was/still am confused as to why there is so much activity though. If I am only communicating via WhatsApp or Messenger, is it registering as an “Outgoing call” on my Public Mobile account? I guess the answer is yes?!? 

Also follow up questions…

-If these are not actual minutes being used on my plan, then I assume I can change to basic plan and stop wasting $?

-Are the items categorised as voicemails actually voicemails? I can’t recall how to access them when I am back on Canadian soil…
It seems as though you both know what you are talking about - so many thanks for sharing your wisdom 🙏🏻😁

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@SherryS   Post the phone number or screenshot of all the entries and we can try to help

If those are numbers ended  like xxx-xxx-400x  , those are likely just voicemail number and no concern

Does this number end in 4001?  This is just the way the way that the system shows calls that get forwarded to voixemail.

Need Help? Let's chat.