cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subscription Usage Chart incorrect for 3months + now

Jellyy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My subscription usage chart has been incorrect for more than 3 months now. The "minutes usage" section is ALWAYS stuck on "8 minutes used" and has been like this ever since I started using public mobile earlier this year. This is the same problem whether I log in from my desktop computer or Public mobile app.

I've tried logging out and back in. Shutting off my phone and turning it back on. Viewing my usage on day 1 of a new monthly cycle and viewing in throughout. No matter what I do, it always shows "8 minutes used" on my usage summary screen! It even dares to tell me it was "updated a few seconds ago!" 🤣

Even right now, I have called more than 8 minutes this month and it is still stuck here. This is very annoying and makes the who app useless.

Please help, what can I do to fix this and see my total usage summary? I'm on the $15 plan with only 100 minutes per month so want to track this well. Right now, I have to go into the detailed Usage History chart and tally up all my outgoing calls, but this is very annoying to go through page by page manually each month. And I do not want to switch to a more expensive plan with unlimited calling - I just want the feature to work properly! 

Screenshot 2024-05-23 at 4.44.50 PM.png

12 REPLIES 12

funpig1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Jellyy  

What happens when you talk more than 100 minutes in a month? You should try it on the last day before renewal and get into a long conversation with somebody. If you can talk over 100 minutes and it still shows that you have only used eight minutes, I would suggest that you just leave the problem alone! Good luck.

maurelle

@Rastin wrote:

I know this won't fix your problem but you should check what plans are available to you from time to time as the 15$ plan has changed a few times lately. At the moment it's not available to current customers but it gives new customers unlimited calling and text. It probably be available again at some point.  Right now you can get unlimited with 1gig of data for 19$ if your interested.

Unfortunately, if you are on the old $15 plan right now, and it fits your needs (if you barely go over 100 minutes, the non-expiring $5/500min add-on is great insurance if you don't have any holiday bonus minutes from years past...  personally, I prefer having a bit of data included over unlimited talk), hold onto it. It might be gone forever.

By denying access to the $15 plan, any $15 plan, to existing Public Mobile is severly restricting our freedom of tailoring plans to our needs from month to month / season to season, that was a major appeal of this service for so long. 

maurelle

@Jellyy wrote:

I didn't know it updates 2x / day! Thank you for sharing this info 🙂

I just tried clicking that circular arrow. It did the refresh animation, but the minutes did not change sadly. I will keep trying, but this is frustrating for sure!

The counters on the landing page should update immediately for all use categories.

The data usage in the usage history is updated twice a day. Usually around mid day and around midnight (on my accounts anyway). There is still no simple note on top of the usage history explaining this, so we get the complaint again and again, that data is used when the the poster is asleep.

maurelle

@EB0 wrote:

I think it’s an issue with the old $15 100 minutes plan, I had the same issue but mine was 1  minutes, once I changed the plan, it gone

I have the same problem on a $29/40GB plan for the data counter. (yes, I religiously clear cache and log in in incognito mode every single time, it's that way across different devices and platforms)

CSA is simply denying that the problem exist.

I've put up with this kind of nonsense for years, because the discounts made PM the best value for my needs. Now that I'm paying full price, I really think they need to step up their game. 

EB0

I think it’s an issue with the old $15 100 minutes plan, I had the same issue but mine was 1  minutes, once I changed the plan, it gone

@Jellyy if they all show 8 minutes and you are certain that is incorrect, then check with support.  Private message CS Agent at: 
       https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after ticket submitted, CS Agent will reply to you there           

Rastin

I know this won't fix your problem but you should check what plans are available to you from time to time as the 15$ plan has changed a few times lately. At the moment it's not available to current customers but it gives new customers unlimited calling and text. It probably be available again at some point.  Right now you can get unlimited with 1gig of data for 19$ if your interested.

Jellyy

I didn't know it updates 2x / day! Thank you for sharing this info 🙂

I just tried clicking that circular arrow. It did the refresh animation, but the minutes did not change sadly. I will keep trying, but this is frustrating for sure!

Jellyy

Thank you for your note! I agree it looks like a cache problem.

I've just tried:

• incognito on Chrome
  • normal mode on Safari
  • private browsing on Safari
  • the public mobile app

And all of the options above are still showing 8 minutes, even though I've gone over that minute amount a couple days ago. 🙁

turtleTurtle
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Similar issue happened to me before, it was that the browser kind of got stuck. You can try to "clear your cache", or just open in a different browser and see if that helps. (If you are using chrome, try firefox for example) Or try an incognito window.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Jellyy 

probably a cache problem.  Best to login using browser with Incognito mode

Or try using Public Mobile app , it's a good alternative 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Jellyy 

That is strange. PM updates your usage twice a day…around noon and around midnight.

How about clicking on the circular arrow to the right of Few Seconds Ago on the bottom of the page.

Need Help? Let's chat.