cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call forwarding to PM phone on Canada-U.S. plan

danparker
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

If I have a phone forwarded to my PM number and I am in the U.S., does that phone occur long distance changes, even though my number is registered in Canada?

4 REPLIES 4

danparker
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks. My PM phone is pinging off T-Mobile towers now or ATT says sometimes, but from what you are saying the Koodo phone forwarded to this number will not know this (I have to mail this phone to Canada, and leave it plugged in to avoid roaming I am pretty sure).

For VOLTE, correct me if I'm wrong, but is it activated automatically in A13? I know there has been issues around this not showing, and my PM phone, now upgraded to A13, doesn't show it (eSIM). Same phone, VOLTE did show in A12, but was using the physical SIM also. Will do some digging for VOLTE and A13 but the main thing is the Koodo phone (old business line on minimum plan) doesn't charge long distance. 

I would do a test call, but trying not to aid and abet criminal activity lol giving Koodo $14 roaming charge for the call. I checked my Koodo call log and three calls were forwarded, all charging 0, but I did not have my PM phone set up properly yet. Will check in couple days, now I have disabled physical sim and the network is being recognized.

@Chalupa_Batman- Oftentimes information gets included in the subject line. 🙂

For danparker - do you know if your phone on that plan has volte enabled on it? That would make receiving those calls much easier.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Just know you need either a Can/US plan or a US add-on for your PM phone to work down there.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

No. It has no clue where the actual phone is.

Need Help? Let's chat.