cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CS_Agent sending bit.ly links

Kren0m
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

In this day and age of phishing scams you think a company wouldn't be sending you third party links that look like phishing scams.  I'm guessing they get paid a few pennies when someone clicks on these? 

I've already verified myself with PIN why would I need to click on this phishy/scammy link?

Is this company policy or just one rogue employee trying to make some coin?

Very unprofessional.

Kren0m_1-1672638054002.png

6 REPLIES 6

Patchio
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Kren0m 

I agree, this is nonsense. If you successfully submitted a ticket through the SIMon chatbot, which already requires you to verify your identity in the first place, there's no reason for the CS Agent to ask you to verify your identity yet again once they finally get to your ticket.

The CS Agent is simply wasting your time and using "security" as an excuse to needlessly prolong the time it takes to get some actual customer support. 

There is absolutely no need to use a url shortener when a customer is interacting with a CS Agent. Public Mobile has all the data and analytics it needs from its own backend servers, it doesn't need to use a third party service to discover something that the management team isn't paying attention to anyway. 

Using a url shortener as part of their "security" measure is as boneheaded as offering PM users the ability to upgrade their plans by texting back YES to the message OR requiring PM users to receive and respond to a text message with YES2 in order to accept the More is Merrier Holiday giveaway add-ons.

How many users ended up on the Community Forum asking a) if the text message is a scam or if it's legitimate, b) concerned that they didn't receive the text message and won't get the free add-ons, or c) accidentally responded to the text and agreed to upgrade their plan only to change their mind afterwards and not knowing how to revoke their acceptance. 

For the record, I don't have an issue with an online only support model. However, I do have serious concerns with PM's implementation of its online only support system.

The current system is unprofessional, butt backwards, and requires so much extra time and effort on the part of PM users when something does go wrong, and when it's not a simple or straightforward problem to resolve. The support system from even four years ago is better than whatever PM pretends is customer support these days. 

@Nezgar- All of that tracking is available in their own servers. They just need to utilize it. Definitely a trust factor using those shorteners.

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

I believe those bitly and other "redirection" url's allow tracking, providing whomever registered it with statistics like who and how many people have clicked it, where, what browser (mobile/desktop) etc...

I still agree the direct link would be much less sketchy, since the user has no idea where the link will take them before clicking...

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Kren0m  I do agree with what you said. 

But this is not an idea from a particular agent, PM has been using shorten links that that for some time.  

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Kren0m 

Is the sender "CS_Agent"...customer service agent in your private messaging?

It looks legit to me but check the sender to be sure.

Any chance you submit a ticket through SIMon Chatbot?

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

I agree. Just use a normal url. I don't know what, if any, compensation/commission is available when anyone uses those url shorteners but it does seem unprofessional.

Need Help? Let's chat.