cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

@CS_Agent: I need help - two questions

Martyrae
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Is it just me or is it impossible to log a ticket to actually get help from customer service?  I’m extremely frustrated! 

Two Questions:

1. I signed up a day or two ago and got a new number (as I’m tired of the scam callers and Rogers not being able to offer the function for people having to hit a certain number to get through to me - to stop these stupid scammers. Would have allowed me to keep the number I’ve had for more than 20 years!). Anyways, before I cancel my number with my previous provider, I’d like to know that everything is good. 

Here is my issue: I will be in the middle of speaking with someone and my call just drops. Is this common? This is the first time I’ve used a esim card. (Cool but as someone who is of an older age, a bit unnerving! LOL

2. I know this is probably known by those who are more familiar with cell services; will my number be unlisted and not listed anywhere for scammers to see?

Thanks

M

6 REPLIES 6

Do you get solid bars where you are when not doing anything on the phone? When a call happens do the bars drop? Or when not doing anything and a call happens do the bars rise? Are you in MB? What's the make and model of the phone?

Yes that's about what I would say about esim - cool - but I prefer the flexibility of an actual card. The providers are intentionally making it not so cool though. Well, providers that play by standardized system methods - unlike this place.

Martyrae
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks for your reply. How do I know if I’m in a weak signal area. I’ve never had issues before. 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

I answer all calls. I rarely get a human junk call. I answer when I see a suspect number and immediately mute the mic without saying anything. Hear the recording and hang up. If I son't suspect the number then I say hello. THEN I get a recording 😞 .

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Changing number will not prevent scammers to contact you. If you like your old number and did NOT close your Rogers account you can transfer it to PM.

PM has NO feature to block spam calls so changing companies will not eliminate potential spam calls. I just do not pick up calls from unknown number...

Call could drop if connection with cell tower is not solid. Monitor if dropped calls occur at only one or all locations where you are.

To Contact CSA-agent: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

Ticket has to be opened through chatbot - https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

Just type ‘ticket’ and follow prompts. Having a ticket is preferred way to contact agent as they might respond faster then receiving personal mail.

If opening a ticket does not work very first time, contact agent directly: send a private message to the CSA - agent by clicking (Ctrl+) Here

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Martyrae 

to contact Customer Support, use this link to send a message. Watch the little envelop icon on top right side of page will be highlighted when they respond.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Your number is unlisted...scammers just randomly dial number until you answer their call. My advise is never answer a call from a number you don't recognise. If it's a legit call, they'll leave a message. Once the scammers know you'll answer their calls....well...you know what happens.

added..

in the Public Mobile world, you should only contact a Customer Support for account related problems...all other issues are best dealt with here in the Community Forum. The members of this forum are on duty all day and night and you can usually get answers within a few minutes.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

The ticketing system has been broken for a while now. The way to contact support is through private message. Not "ticket.
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
Koodo and maybe Telus have the Call Control service. This place does not. You could sign up with either and transfer your number and then stop the junk calls.

1. Are you in a weak signal area?
2. Cell numbers are not listed like the old landlines and phone books.

Need Help? Let's chat.