cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CA USA Plan, possible wrong settings

Tandrei
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi!

I subscribed yesterday for Ça US 34 cad plan. I transferred the phone number from fizz, where I had also a Ça US plan. All was ok until I entered in US. No voice on Att and T-Mobile, no internet in all networks. Only Verizon allow me to call and receive calls. I have to change in my settings something or not. 

I submitted a ticket but it was difficult to let them know the issue,  the ticket composition is very short and simple.

Thank you for any suggestions! 😀

13 REPLIES 13

Tandrei

Hi,

I changed the subscription starting today, I lost 1 month payment. I need this phone number, that's why I didn't choose another subscription and to wait 1 month. I hope it will work when I go to the States.😀

Thx!

@Tandrei   You could log in and go to change subscription and select the Canada-US one to start on next renewal.  Make sure to select "change on renewal" rather than "change now" so that you don't waste the rest of the plan you have, since there's no refund for unused portions.  That's assuming, of course, that you can wait until next renewal.  If something else better comes up in the meantime you can cancel the change and select another one.  

Tandrei

Yes, I am from Québec. It seems I wasn't very attentive with the subscription. 

@Tandrei   Are you in Quebec by chance?  In Quebec there are two $34 plans, one is Canada-US with 50GB and one is Canada only but with a 10GB bonus on top of the 50GB.  If so you may have picked the wrong one.

Tandrei

Hi and thank you all!

I had a ticket on my problem and today I found the solution.  I was subscribed only for Canada, I don't know how but I checked in my subscription and appears like that.

It remains why I could talk on Verizon network but never mind.

Thank you all for your support!

Tandrei

Hi!

It could be. The old sim card Fizz is inserted in my phone, even I make it inactive. I will take it out ( I didn't have a rejection tool).

I will know when I will go back in the States.😀

Thank you!

Tandrei

Hi!

I think also that these are related. In Canada all is OK, data and voice, no problem. I submitted a ticket, we will see what they can do.

Thank you!

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Tandrei   Since it was only done yesterday are you sure the transfer of your phone number was completed?  Apparently Verizon is a roaming partner of Fizz but it is not for Public Mobile.

Ohhh...  you know...   because you switched over from Fizz, I wonder if any of their networks settings are still somewhat in your phone. You can always do a network reset itself on your phone. That will clear everything that Fizz left on your phone. Then try my idea...

Tandrei

In my case only Verizon works, only voice.

Thx!

Tandrei

Thank you. No results after settings reset.😬

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Tandrei 

to our collective knowledge, only AT&T or T-Mobile should work calling in US...not Verizon at all. Do you have a volte enabled cell as PM has only a limited number of cell brands that they've turned volte on.

Make sure you have Romaing Data enabled in settings to get data working successfully.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hey @Tandrei 

I was in the US a few weeks ago. This is what I did.

I went into network settings and turned off automatic. I connected to T-Mobile. I then made sure Data Roaming was turned on. Then I rebooted my phone and all was good. If T-Mobile doesn't work for you, then try AT&T and reboot. 

Need Help? Let's chat.