cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bypass 2FA

ken88
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My daughter's phone is burned and 2FA is turned on

I cannot log into that account as the only option is to have 2FA send a text to the phone that is burnt to a crisp.  I have several accounts and Eversafe is making it difficult for me.  How can I contact customer support to have 2FA turned off for another account.  The chatbot does not help

12 REPLIES 12

HI@ken88   

you posted on the forum!!

please message CS agent here 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

ken88

Here is the information for her burned phone:
xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I pay this with my credit card.  Please turn off TFA or send the 2fa code by means of an email as it was before.
Her banking, and all her other apps are tied to 2FA which goes to her phone.  You are essentially locking her out of a lot of things.  As I am paying for her account and she is a minor, I know you can help as I had a similar issue before and I all I had to do was prove that the account was mine.

My request is reasonable.

Edit by Dunkman:

I removed personal information.  You will need to private message CSA with this information.  Unfortunately. CSA is unable to bypass the 2FA and send via email.  CSA can do things with your account (ie. Switch Sim cards, purchase add ons, etc.), but at the present time, from my understanding, unable to bypass Eversafe login for customers. 

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi

I am sorry, this is the only way, it is automatic, there is no bypass procedure allowed.

But if you need anything, on your account or on the other account, I will gladly help you.

Leonardo 

ken88

The phone is toast (burned in a fire), so sending a SMS text to it may not work 🙂
I used to be able to have the 2FA sent to my email.  I did not see an option.
Given that what I said is true, I see no other option then to get help from Support

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@ken88 

Public mobile is working on a fix for this issue: inability to sign in without received 2FA text. 

If you have not set up Eversafe with your daughter's account before, there are a couple of tricks to try to gain access to your account. 

1. Reset your daughter's password to self service account. Once reset, sign in again with new password. Might be able to receive 2FA via email instead to gain access.

2. When asking for SMS text, keep entering wrong codes 4-5 times and sometimes, an email verification will be sent. 

Keep an eye on this announcement when Public mobile has determined a fix:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Troubleshooting-Login-Issues-OTP-2FA-Ever...

@ken88  Sorry if I gave you false hope , we are all here just trying to help , we are just customers like you … and so if you like to change your solution to the response that helped you best please do so , after all that’s the whole point of the community, hope you get a resolve quickly all the same 

just don't want to give OP false hope.  2FA is a MUST, good for security, bad for multiple accounts management

@softech  No offence taken , but OP ask in there post how to contact support and that’s what I helped them with so I’ll just leave it at that 

@ken88  Sorry, that is a wrong solution you picked.  Mesaging support won't help

2FA is a MUST now.  EverSafe has NO feature to turn off 2FA, I doubt there will be soon

Sorry @Handy1  about it, just want OP to understand.  And not all case can open ticket with support

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Sorry to hear this @ken88 . If you have signed into EverSafe to any of these accounts yet, try asking to "Resend Code", then you should get an email option to log in.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @ken88   sorry, no option to bypass 2FA. 

you can however check the box "trusted device" so it won't ask again

but if you are managing multiple accounts, I am not sure if that option is good.  At least use different browsers for different accounts

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@ken88  Here’s how 

• while your already here and logged in the community

• you can send a private message   To CS_Agents by clicking >>>>>>>>here.

Need Help? Let's chat.