cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bought a SIM. Transaction error first but charged twice. Order 298502

mehedi_hammadi
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My first attempt to purchase a SIM through Scotia Bank failed due to a mismatch in the billing address (it said, "the zip code was incorrect" though I was correct). On the second attempt, I was successful with my RBC account. I got the receipt of the order through RBC. Now I see that my Scotia Bank account was also charged $11.30. Could you please help me resolve this issue?

12 REPLIES 12

@mehedi_hammadi not that I am aware of they are PM support people they will respond to you in your envelope top right corner 

mehedi_hammadi

Contacted Cs_Agent. They confirmed only one transaction was approved for the order. They instructed me to contact the bank for adjustments.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

I think there's a chance the first attempt might still be pending and may just drop off. Still nothing to do with taxes though. 🙂

@dust2dust   yes, I saw OP said the first one failed and missed the fact  OP talked about the different credit cards got charged.

I read..."...first attempt... failed"...

The $11.30 charge seems to be correct with taxes included. If he was charged X 2..taxes would be X 2 as well.

Credit cards will have charges "pending" but not applied once processed correctly.

I reserve the right to be rong though !  🤔

mehedi_hammadi

Thanks. I sent a message to the ID. Is there any documentation having a list of the admin IDs?

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

lol two regulars interpreted taxes out of that. We can't all be perfect all the time. It's certainly rare with most regulars. Most.

Adding - I'd wait and see if you do get two.

mehedi_hammadi

Thanks for your suggestion. I tried to file a ticket but it requires an active public mobile number to create an account.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

It looks like both transactions have been processed even though first one reported error.

You might get 2 SIMs.

Contact agent, explain what happened and request refund.

If you receive 2 SIMs contact agent again, be honest and ask them how to return second SIM. Or keep it if you want for just in case you might need it for yourself or as a gift.

Guys, he is not asking about amount but failed charge. Taxes have nothing to do with his double charge.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @mehedi_hammadi 13% tax on top

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

one word...taxes !

Need Help? Let's chat.