cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I couldn't receive call or text while on vacation

gonblack
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi all,

Please help. I'm on vacation with family (Vietnam) and I couldn't receive text or call. I also check the add-on but there is no option for Vietnam. Is there any way around?.

Thank you,

5 REPLIES 5

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@gonblack 

public mobile not have add-ons for your country, but you could Download the TextNow App

to make call & SMS to canada for free.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@gonblack 

Get a local sim card with mobile data  and download a voip provider such as textnow or fongo and choose a canadian phone #. You can call your friends and family and share that number with them as well as call your voicemail to check messages, update your greeting with your voip # and/or use the extended absence option.

To access your voicemail dial your phone # and once it connects press "*" and enter your voicemail pin #. In future you can call forward your pm number to your voip phone # before you leave Canada to recieve your incoming pm calling to your device while on wifi or mobile data.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

PM does not offer service outside of North American continent. Only in USA you could have service but with purchasing appropriate US add-on.

MrSpock
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@gonblack Hi there is no service in Vietnam Public mobile only works in Canada or US with add on you would need a local sim while there 

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Hello sorry, there is no roaming for PM for any countries other then the US.

In any event it would be more reliable and cost effective to go with a local prepaid data plan/sim and/or VoIP apps. 

Need Help? Let's chat.