cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bought TWO add-ons I can't use

jemmahicken
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Shoooot - so annoyed with myself. I'm from Canada and I'm travelling in the US right now. I bought one 3GB US Data add-on ($25) and a 1000 Minutes US Text-Talk add-on ($15).

I just realized that my plan can't use either of the add-ons because it's the basic $15/month plan (I really just use it for texting and calling occasionally), and the basic one doesn't allow add-ons. Darn.

Is there any way to get a refund on these add-ons I will never be able to use? Or a credit? Any help much appreciated!

4 REPLIES 4

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

How did you come to think that the $15 plan would not allow roaming? It's the second time I've seen this mentioned recently.

Connect only to T-Mobile, turn on data roaming, turn on data of course. The data should work fine as long as you're in a coverage area. For calling yes you'll need the talk part of the talk/text bundle. Hopefully your phone can switch down to the old 2G/GSM system that T-Mobile still runs and lets us use.

There used to be standalone talk and text but now they're only bundled.

As for the 1000 minutes, you can use those at home to call the states. It's not for texting.

But you'll need the roaming talk/text to call in and out while in the states.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@jemmahicken 

You can ask for a credit. Keep the data add on and download textnow when you are on wifi and choose a Canadian phone #. You can use textnow for calling and texting on wifi and/or mobile data. You will continue to recieve incoming pm texts without any US Roaming add ons and you can send/recieve MMS texts using the US Roaming data add on. Choose in your phone settings for messaging "always send MMS" to get around the need for a texting add on to reply to any pm texts or use text now. You can access your pm voicemail by calling your phone # using textnow and press "*" when it connects and enter your voicemail pin # to access your voicemail services. You can change your greeting to include your textnow phone # for contacts to reach you by telephone. This will be better than depending on T-Mobile's 2G network for your voice services. Connecting (manually choose T-Mobile) to the 4G LTE network will be much more reliable and better value for your usage of your US Roaming add ons.

jemmahicken
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, thanks so much for your reply. I tried calling my partner (who is also travelling in the US) right after I purchased my add-ons, and the call didn't go through. An automated voice came on the line and said that my plan does not allow add-ons?

But either way - I made it through the big travel day without data or calling. So I don't think I really need the add-ons after all. Would prefer to get a refund or credit if possible - but if not, then I would like the data + calling to work.

I just sent a PM to a CS Agent, so hopefully that works out! Thanks again.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@jemmahicken   those US add-on are roaming addon.  If you are in States now and you need it, you can use them ($15 plan can use roaming as well)

but if you are in Canada, then those are not the add-on you want.  Do you need extra data ? or minutes to call US?

Anyway, if you bought the addon wrong, PM support can usually reverse the transaction and put the fund back to your account for future use.  Please open ticket with PM Support using Chatbot

1. Please open ticket via Chatbot (need access to My Account): At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Need Help? Let's chat.