cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to update list of cities

Sailorfrag
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just opened an account and I'm trying to fill in the address but it says "invalid city". It doesn't make sense to choose any of the options that are on the list because those would not be correct for my mailing address. Is there a way to get the list updated?

3 REPLIES 3

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

The address in the profile has nothing to do with anything in the system. It's not used. It simply doesn't matter.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Sailorfrag 

Only the powers that be know why they made the new self serve accounts easier for us to manage by making them much less manageable. But they look pretty with stylized graphic images and a simplified easy to read look to the pages. It certainly makes them look easy to manage by removing many features we used to control and handing that over to customer support because they didn't already have their hands full with all of the long standing glitches and issues we had previously.....? In their wisdom the architects of our new self serve accounts for some reason decided to amalgamate large swaths of our country into city-states in case we are unable to remember our own towns and cities that we live in? Perhaps in the next upgrade we will have only a handful of city-states to choose from? Vancouver, Calgary, Winnipeg, Toronto, Montreal and Halifax?

I wouldn't waste your time or customer supports with such a request that they have absolutely no control over and would be so far down the list of fixes it would be lucky to be addressed in the latter half of this century if at all. You would have better luck raising this issue with Mr. Darren Entwistle and questioning how he can claim world class IT and sell this fallacy globally when he can't be bothered to fix the embarrassment of IT that redesigned, built and released this horrorshow of a self serve account onto pm's unwitting customers who were left unprepared to deal with the overwhelming amount of shortcomings, glitches and pure stupidity that exists within our accounts.

Darren Entwistle's Phone Number and Email

Last Update. 11/20/2022 7:25 PM.

HQ Phone. (604) 697-8044.

Company. TELUS.

Address. 510 W Georgia St, Vancouver, British Columbia, V6B 0M3, Canada.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Sailorfrag 

Just choose the city closest to you.

They really don't make much difference to the account or service.

If you want to request one be added, I suppose you could request that of the Support Agents, though I'm unsure they can amend themselves. 

To contact a Customer Support Agent, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type Customer Support Agent, then select Contact Us, then select Other (or the topic that more closely matches your request).  Click the result which states Click here to submit a ticket and follow the prompts,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the Customer Support Agent by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

Need Help? Let's chat.