cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Big mistake

Ardenodell
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi wise users, I did the thing they warn you not to. I switched Sims before responding to the "request to transfer" message from my old carrier. Now my old account has been closed and my message never got through. What can I do now?

Big woops!

6 REPLIES 6

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Ardenodell 

definitely put your old provider SIM card back in the device and see if any calling features work.

Also try to login to their respective online account to see if you still have access.

If your prior service was with TELUS or Koodo, you can still likely pull the number from there to here since they are all affiliates of Telus.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Ardenodell 

Did you specifically cancel your old service and close the account?

Edit:

Which provider? Was it a mobile account?

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Ardenodell  Additional info on porting 

When transferring (porting) your number to any new carrier it’s important to remember to leave the old providers SIM card in the phone until you receive the confirmation text from old carrier @that point you have 90 mins to reply YES to the confirmation text … also when going thru this process the new provider will want you old providers account number and will ask for IMEI number disregard this (IMEI) number as it has a tendency to just cos porting hiccups .. so if your ready to port to pm and already activated a SIM card you can go to your self serve serve profile tab and change /transfer (port) number this can also be done on activation but it’s advised to pick a temp number first then port 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Ardenodell 

you need to call your old provider first , they might able to help to reactivate for you briefly to get the text and port out, 

Once sorted out with them, there is a number to call to talk to live support,  they can re-trigger the process for you at that time.    I will message the number to you via the Community inbox.  Check the envelope icon on top right.  Call them and get it fixed

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Ardenodell  so old SIM card doesn’t work no more ? You might have to get new sim with old carrier to get number back and port to Pm … I’d start with old carrier to retrieve number first 

Need Help? Let's chat.