cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Between providers purgatory

longing4service
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I was transferring to PM from Virgin and did not complete it properly. As it turned out, I did not see an instruction to leave old sim in and took it out too soon and goofed up that step. Contacting Virgin, I was not able to fix that and confirm the port as I was not receiving texts. I got a better deal and ended up staying with Virgin.  

However:

- 1) I receive about half my texts, now

- 2) Some people cannot call me 

- 3) Those who go directly to voicemail can leave a VM, but I don’t get it. 

Am I in provider purgatory, with two mixed providers or is something else going on?

I would have been open to finishing my switch to PM, however, I was not impressed with their instructions, the fact that twice using someone’s referral code failed (when I got my son set up with PM, when I tried to get PM), that I would have to pay for more than 2 months of non-received service to go back, and there is no one from PM to contact about any of this (the price of low-cost service). I am completely frustrated after spending another 3 hours on this today and missing many texts and calls.  

Suggestions?

3 REPLIES 3

@softech @can you send me that same number aswell to my inbox @softech please and thank you 

@softech wrote:

@longing4service 

There is a number to call to talk to live support,  they can re-trigger the process for you.  I will message the number to you via the Community inbox.  Check the envelope icon on top right.  Call them and get it fixed

Why should he call PM porting support when he is porting FROM Virgin?

Virgin has to fix his issues not PM.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@longing4service 

A critical part to porting is to receive a text from your old provider and you have to reply YES within 90 mins.  If you are not receiving calls and text on your PM sim card and can only make outgoing calls,  then you might have missed the step and hence porting was not completed

There is a number to call to talk to live support,  they can re-trigger the process for you.  I will message the number to you via the Community inbox.  Check the envelope icon on top right.  Call them and get it fixed

Need Help? Let's chat.