cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bell has phone locked and wont unlock it

willy20202
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Just switched from bell to public with the phone i own. Have been on the phone twice with them and they keep saying its already unlocked... has this happened to anyone else? When I go to settings it still says "Sim carrier locked"

Pretty disappointing. 

4 REPLIES 4

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@willy20202 This happened to me with a Rogers phone when I switched to PM.  It should not have been locked at the time I bought it but it was probably set up on their system before the new rule came in.  Initially they didn't believe it could be locked but finally gave me the unlock code and all was well.  One thing to maybe note is that it was not tech support for this with Rogers, I had to contact the Billing Dept.   They texted me the code.

willy20202
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Its an Iphone 12. Bell is also not sure why its locked since I got it post 2018... Ill head in tomorrow!

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hi @willy20202 

This is very unusual to be locked like that. I'd advise to go to a Bell store tomorrow and have them unlock it. It's that SIMple. Get it... SIM... Simple. 🙂 I crack me up sometimes. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

HI @willy20202 

what phone do you have? how old is the phone?

If it is a Samsung, you can try to call  Samsung 1-800-726-7864 for a master unlock code.

If it is other brands, you really need to check with Bell.  Only the original provider can provide you the unlock code

Of course, if it is Android, and you are willing to pay extra money, you can check with local mobile store and they might be able to unlock for a fees

Need Help? Let's chat.