cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Been over 48 hours and old phone number not transfered

Joseph121212121
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

This is horrible customer server.

It has been well over 48 hours and my number from my last carrier has not been transferred. Furthermore, the hoops required to jump through to get any help have been horrible.

7 REPLIES 7

Joseph121212121

Thanks! 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Joseph121212121  Yes put  the old SIM card in phone and reply YES . But you will need to contact the porting team to re trigger the port  request for you . Will send it private message as we not allowed to post it here 

For porting you leave the old SIM in the phone so you can approve the port when the old carrier sends you a text, you have to reply YES within 90 minutes.   So it sounds like the old carrier didn't get your approval so the port didn't go through.  You can call the PM porting team to re-initiate the port but I don't have the number, someone else should be along to send it to you.

Joseph121212121

I will need to put in the old SIM and check. put in the new one since that is what I thought was required.

Joseph121212121

It was for a cell line. I put in the new SIM as that is was what I thought the app had required.

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

If it was a cell phone number did you receive a text from your old carrier to verify that you wanted to port your number and requiring you to reply YES?   There is a porting team you can call, someone will give you the number.  Or try sending a private message to customer support here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Was this a landline? A voip service? If cell, did you leave the old sim in a phone to confirm the transfer?

Need Help? Let's chat.