cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BMO debit card not accepted

RT1138
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Last year I was able to use my BMO debit card for auto payments.   This year I tried to use it but my card does not get accepted.  On the payments page, it say Visa Debit Card.  My card is Mastercard.  Was this a recent change?

THANKS

10 REPLIES 10

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@RT1138    There seems to be quite a few posts regarding payment failures/CC's not being accepted over the last few days, so more than likely your issue was not connected to your payment card being the BMO Debit MC, which, BTW, I've also tested about a year ago and can confirm that's it's accepted although I have no idea why PM has never updated their payment information to include the Debit MC being an accepted card.

@RT1138   glad it is now resolved!! and we got the confirmation that MC Debit works

So, did the agent add it for you or he just clear it on the back end and you added it back yourself?

RT1138
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I got hold of an agent and everything is resolved.  Thanks everyone for the help.  I got my BMO debit card working.  

@Korth wrote:

PM has only accepted Visa and Visa-debit for as long as I've been here.

I used to buy prepaid Visa cards for this purpose. From Mogo, back when they had zero charges attached to card setup, card maintenance, card usage, card refill. I stopped using Mogo when they started adding costs to their prepaid credit cards, but they (and other brands) will probably still work for AutoPay.

Credit card-wise, Public Mobile has always fully accepted and advertised accepting Mastercard. Amex is also accepted.

PM has only accepted Visa and Visa-debit for as long as I've been here.

I used to buy prepaid Visa cards for this purpose. From Mogo, back when they had zero charges attached to card setup, card maintenance, card usage, card refill. I stopped using Mogo when they started adding costs to their prepaid credit cards, but they (and other brands) will probably still work for AutoPay.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@RT1138 wrote:

Last year I was able to use my BMO debit card for auto payments.   This year I tried to use it but my card does not get accepted.  On the payments page, it say Visa Debit Card.  My card is Mastercard.  Was this a recent change?

THANKS

@RT1138  - not sure about any changes regarding allowable Visa/Mastercard debit cards.

But, it still experiencing issues, submit a ticket to CSA for assistance.

To contact the Public Mobile Customer Support Agent (CSA)_Team, there are two methods to reach them found here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

JL9
Mayor / Maire

It has worked in the past, maybe there was a typo or too many attempts. Worst case you can get a no fee prepaid card like STACK Mastercard which would be really easy to use and fund from your BMO account as well

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@RT1138   I was checking some post back in 2020 and at that time, PM only mentions, Visa, Mastercard or Visa Debit, never mentioned MC Debit.   It's true that there were reports and confirmation that MC debit works back then.  I guess you were also one of them that got it working last year.   

Not sure if it is supposed to work or not.  But even adding credit card , the system might not accept for whatever reason (more a system glitch).  So, you can try again tomorrow (in case you tried too many times today already), or you can open a ticket with PM Support and ask them to confirm.  But I have a feeling they might just say no since the site never put MC Debit as an accepted payment card

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@RT1138 

So it's the same debit/MasterCard from BMO that you are using? Wait one full hour and  do the following:

I just click on one time payment and in the middle of the page you can click on manage my card. Then I follow this procedure....

Follow this method when making a manual payment/adding a card to the account....only use the emboldened portion of the instructions if the payment card is already on file.

1. Reboot your device.
  2. Clear your browser, use secret/incognito mode in firefox, chrome or safari.
  3. Choose replace card rather than remove card.
  4. Copy your address from your billing statement.
  5. Add your apt/unit/suite # to the street address. ie. 101-123 1ST AVE W, CITY, PROV.
  6. Do not put a space in the postal code. X0X0X0 not X0X 0X0.
  7. USE ALL CAPS if necessary.
  8. Do not use autofill. Type everything manually.

Once you successfully update your card do not attempt your payment immediately. Log out/in then go to make a payment to pay for your renewal. Otherwise if you were not suspended I would recommend a $1 test payment. Follow my further instructions for a successful payment to unsuspend your account.

Do not try more than two attempts at adding a card or payments ( successful or not) or you will continue to get this message. Wait at least 1 hour to try a third time another hour for your 5th try....and so on....and do not make more than 4 unsuccessful tries with the same card in a 24 hour period or you will trigger a fraud alert lock out requiring assistance from customer support.

Go to make a payment. Choose the "other amount" option and add $1 more than the amount owing and submit the payment. If that is successful go back to your overview page and if it does not say active  click on the reactivate button. If that works log out and reboot. If that does not work and your payment is in your balance rather than showing $1 then go to the usage or plans page. Click on lost/stolen and suspend your service. Log out/in. Resume your service. Your balance should now be $1. Log out and reboot.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include in your private messaging only your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #

@RT1138 wrote:

I don't believe that i've ever seen any advertising or literature from Public Mobile saying that Mastercard Debit is accepted although some have reported that it does work.  I have not read about any changes to in this regard to the payment system.

Need Help? Let's chat.