cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autopay

GusGus123
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My autopay did not go through and deactivated me yesterday. This happened to my mom on Friday. Tried to make a payment. Keeps saying contact my credit card company. Bank says my card is fine and no activities except the one my mom did to reactivate hers yesterday.

14 REPLIES 14

GusGus123

Thanks I will try that tomorrow. It took my mom 8 tries within two days to activate her account. We have done the same thing and nothing. Will try voucher tomorrow if not going a Telus person in the mall  I know as of May 2022 public mobile will be switching. Btw this the first time on community As we have never had problems in 3 years. Everyone has been very helpful and supportive thank you!!!

HI @GusGus123   Would you try to get vouchers and get your account re-activate first?  

if you do , get one from Shoppers Drug mart or Shell, their voucher can be use immediately.  Other place's vouchers might have a 24 hours wait time. 

GusGus123

Thank you. Last conversation with them said they found a discrepancy with my card and under investigation. This happened on Friday to my moms account just deactivated at noon after autopay said same thing. We tried 3 times even with a new card. Said insufficient funds. I told them this and we even went to the bank and checked no public mobile activity since last month! I requested what they’re “investigating “ and I was told to fill out a form with all my bank info. No thanks-!!  We have no problems for 3 years and now 2 out of 3 accounts deactivated due to auto pay (not my fault)  just frustrated.. going to bank again tomorrow.

@GusGus123  - well, what kind of discrepancy? that is silly!

Like a postal code discrepancy, expiry date....did they give you any ideas?

Come on customer support...!

When was their last response to you? 

Respond to their last message and tell them you need clarity on next steps.

BEER
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@GusGus123 wrote:

My autopay did not go through and deactivated me yesterday. This happened to my mom on Friday. Tried to make a payment. Keeps saying contact my credit card company. Bank says my card is fine and no activities except the one my mom did to reactivate hers yesterday.

Has happened to me for no apparent reason - try another credit card and see if it works. 

Hi @GusGus123 

Press PM for an ETA 

if you need to get your service back first, maybe get a voucher from retails store and load ii onto your account first

GusGus123

Thanks to everyone who gave me answers to try to fix my account. Still not activated. Customer support said the financial dept found a discrepancy on my card and are investigating. not sure what that means nothing has changed. And from reading all the posts looks like My family and I are not the only ones being deactivated from autopay…

@GusGus123 

Make sure you log out of any public mobile sites & clearing cache and cookies, before waiting the hour.

The 'adding $1' trick and utilizing the lost/stolen function to mark as lost, then removing that designation, has also given much success to others.  (EDIT:  as @esjliv mentioned above...)

These can all be done through self-serve site.

Try those afterwards.

GusGus123

lost service phone and texting I have tried the 611 same thing. Will try everyone suggestions and wait an hour. Thanks

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@GusGus123 wrote:

@GusGus123 

Autopay sometimes fail.  It does suck when it happens.   

I presume you have confirmed with your credit card statement that indeed NO charges have been processed and that you have confirmed all calling/texting services indeed do not work.  (i offer this as sometimes customers see 'expired' or 'suspended' messaging on their self-serve on the eve of renewals and presume they have no service, when it's just PM doing their routine renewal processes...)

Before trying again, make sure to:

1. wait 1 full hour
  2. clear your system cache and cookies
  3. open an incognito tab
  4. then try again

Some have also found it helpful to access self-serve from a completely different device using a different browser.  You may also wish to try using other payment methods to get services going again, such as purchasing a Public Mobile payment voucher or doing an instant top-up at a mobile merchant who offers this service.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@GusGus123 wrote:

@GusGus123  - did either you lose services? Or, was this messages you are seeing on your Self Serve account, like "Expired" or "Suspended" messages?

If you did not lose services than those messages occur on the evening before and the morning of your renewal. They can make people think their plans are expired. Then when you try to make payments, the system is finicky. 

If your cases are like above ignore those messages.

If either of you did lose services, then it is possible Autopay failed. 

This issue is not likely with your credit card company, but with the Public Mobile payment system.

If you have enough available funds in your account, try topping up with $1. Does this allow you to resume/reactivate services?

You could also try listing your phone in lost/stolen status, then go back and find it/activate it. Sometimes this trick is used to reactivate accounts that is not owing any amounts.

If issues still persist ask customer support (CSA) for assistance. Two ways to contact them here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@GusGus123 

Unfortunately, autopay does fail.   Did your credit card change recently? a new expiry date?

In your self service account, you should be able to manually load up funds equivalent to your month's plan. Then the plan should automatically re-activate.  

If that does not work, you can also try dial 611 on your phone and see whether you can load up funds that way. 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Self-Serve/611-IVR-Menu-System/m-p/289352

You will need to know your PIN number. 

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

After you fix.....try the auto pay hybrid.....a tiny bit more work......but never fails. 

PM me and will explain. 

VIP_Tech
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi @GusGus123 

close all Browser and clear cache and cookies,
and try open one Browser inPrivate mode,

sign in to Self-Serve,
Click on Payment
Make a Payment
Payment Type: select ( Amount Due )
Click ‘Submit’,
after payment successful, Reboot device.

if you can't fix it get in touch with  Customer Support Agent (publicmobile.ca)

to remove fraud-block.

CSA Hours Of Operation (publicmobile.ca)

Verify your identity (publicmobile.ca)

Need Help? Let's chat.