cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autopay credit (Legacy)

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

If you are on the legacy rewards you get $2 credit per month. If you do the 90 day payment, do you get $6 legacy rewards still?  Or only $2 ??

11 REPLIES 11

@geogolem , now that the payment system issues rewards every 30 days regardless of plan duration, you should be fine.  I changed to 30 day plan when rewards were issued once each plan cycle and so I lost out.  I found that no amount of explaining mattered.  I was being very diplomatic, but the CSAs were not in a listening mood. 

geogolem
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@will13am wrote:

@geogolem , I was short changed rewards when switching out of the 90 day 2016 fall promo to a 30 day plan.  I made the change as they were transitioning from old system to new system, they had not implemented issuing rewards every 30 days for 90 day plans yet.  I lost 2x rewards in the process.  I tried explaining until I was blue in the face, I got no movement from the CSAs. The old way of giving out rewards scaled to days of payment was easy to understand, this new system is convoluted. 

@will13am : Thanks for your reply. This is what I am worried about. I suppose the best I can do is document everything in the hopes it will aid me in explaining the situation down the road.. There is some risk I guess since it may not be so easy to explain/convince even if one is in the right. I am writing this to document things for future reference, for others to see and maybe chime in, and I'm curious on your opinion on everything I have written here....Thanks in advance.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Before Scheduling Change to 90 day planBefore Scheduling Change to 90 day plan--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After Scheduling Change to 90 day planAfter Scheduling Change to 90 day plan

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Auto-PayAuto-Pay

I would expect this reward to show $6 instead of $2 after the scheduled plan change based on this description.

LoyaltyLoyalty

I would expect this reward to stay at $5 even after the scheduled plan change. Except 30 days after September 27th, another 5$ would be credited to my account, and again 30 days later another 5$ would be credited to the acount, again 30 days later (just prior to the next cycle) another 5$ would be credited to the account. i.e. $5 is credited to the account every 30 days.

Refer a friendRefer a friend

For this one I based on the wording I would expect the reward to change from $10 to $30 after the scheduled plan change. 

The only reward that should "accumulate" based on the descriptions seems to be the refer a friend reward which is paid every 30 days and accumulates in your account until a payment is required. The other 2, loyalty and refer-a-friend clearly just explain it should be 3x the reward if you are on a 90 day plan, just like the price is 3 x the price (in this case 34) = 102 on the 90 day plan.

In any case, if one does the following:

1. 30 days on 30 day plan

2. first 30 days of 90 day plan

3. second 30 days of 90 day plan

4. third 30 days of 90 day plan

5. 30 days on a 30 day plan

The $ amount of rewards paid out should be the same as if one was on a 30 day plan for 5 consecutive 30 day cycles.

@geogolem , I was short changed rewards when switching out of the 90 day 2016 fall promo to a 30 day plan.  I made the change as they were transitioning from old system to new system, they had not implemented issuing rewards every 30 days for 90 day plans yet.  I lost 2x rewards in the process.  I tried explaining until I was blue in the face, I got no movement from the CSAs. The old way of giving out rewards scaled to days of payment was easy to understand, this new system is convoluted. 

geogolem

@will13am Thanks for your response. 

I have also switched from 30 day to 90 day plans and back to a 30 day plan again over the course of the many years I have been a loyal PublicMobile customer. Like you, in the past when in the 90 day plan, I got 3xrewards at the time of payment for the 90 day plan (which in theory is the correct/logical way of doing it, they are collecting the fee for the 90 days and so the rewards/discount for that corresponding 90 days should be deducted at that time too)... 

The new wording is confusing and inconsistent and I have seen various reports of people having issues when switching to 90 day plans etc.  This all makes me leary of switching since I'm not even sure how shortlived I will be on this 90 day plan if a new 30 day plan more suited to my needs comes up and I end up scheduling a change for the next renewal. For me, it doesnt matter when the rewards are paid (since i plan to remain a customer) - I just want to make sure that no matter how I decide to change plans from 30 to 90  (and potentially back to a 30 day plan again in the future) .. that at the end of the day, i got the same $ rewards I would have gotten had I just stayed on the 30 day plan all the time. 

I'm hoping that even if for whatever reason the system doesn't credit me the rewards properly, I wont have an issue explaining and making a customer service agent understand that I shouldn't actually be missing any rewards, even if i have to wait until 90 days after the plan to change to see what happens and then potentially ask for a correction if it doesnt work as expected...

@geogolem wrote:

I am currently on the 30 day $39 plan.

My rewards are as follows: 

$2 autopay reward, $5 loyalty reward and $10 refer-a-friend reward.

I have scheduled a plan change to the 34x3 = $102 per 90 day 60GB plan to occur on my next renewal towards the end of September. The payment page still only shows the same rewards as when I was on the 30 day plan. Will I actually still get the 3x the rewards as I should or is there some issue. Based on the descriptions it seems that the autopay and refer a friend reward should be 3x immediately, whereas the loyalty would stay at 5$ however, each 30 days I would get $5 credit accumulating in my account which would eventually go towards my next payment. 

Am I making sense here? Is it just an error that the payment page still shows the rewards from the 30 day plan despite scheduling the change to the 90 day plan?

@geogolem , I started out with Public Mobile on the 90 day plan and spent most of my time with this service on a 90 day plan.  Back in the day, all rewards were paid at 3x up front at renewal time.  But, when the 90 day plan option was brought back recently, there were changes made to how the rewards are issued and the 1x rewards every 30 days was born.  I have been told the autopay reward continues to be 3x up front.  I ended up with 1x autopay reward only and additional 1x autopay reward every 30 days did not happen.  I had to ask for a manual correction.  I am not sure whether this is fixed or not.  

geogolem

I am currently on the 30 day $39 plan.

My rewards are as follows: 

$2 autopay reward, $5 loyalty reward and $10 refer-a-friend reward.

I have scheduled a plan change to the 34x3 = $102 per 90 day 60GB plan to occur on my next renewal towards the end of September. The payment page still only shows the same rewards as when I was on the 30 day plan. Will I actually still get the 3x the rewards as I should or is there some issue. Based on the descriptions it seems that the autopay and refer a friend reward should be 3x immediately, whereas the loyalty would stay at 5$ however, each 30 days I would get $5 credit accumulating in my account which would eventually go towards my next payment. 

Am I making sense here? Is it just an error that the payment page still shows the rewards from the 30 day plan despite scheduling the change to the 90 day plan?

Thank you for the correct. 30 days not month. Misspoke. 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Chalupa_Batman  Yes 1x  rewards for 30 days 3x rewards for 90 days 

@Chalupa_Batman wrote:

If you are on the legacy rewards you get $2 credit per month. If you do the 90 day payment, do you get $6 legacy rewards still?  Or only $2 ??

It's actually $2 per 30 days (not per month)  On a 90-day plan , It will be paid out as $6 once every 90 days.  It won't be in the amount of $2.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Yes, 3 x $2.

Need Help? Let's chat.