cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic Payments

abeentz
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If I am set up for automatic payments, then why is my account suspended?

8 REPLIES 8

I second @darlicious when it comes to avoiding potential autopay failures. With that said you should be good since it's still working. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@abeentz 

Despite what others may say I think that messaging in your account upon renewal makes sense...a little alarming....yes....at around 9pm eastern your account status changes from active to expired. Really your 30 day plan is expiring in 6 hours. The suspended warning also looks ominous but if you read the actual message it tells you to ignore it if you have manually topped up your account or you are on autopay. Simple ignore it.

But if you are the type that likes to make sure everything is in order in your account then be proactive like most regulars here do and manually top up your account before renewal. Take a screenshot of your overview page for your records and just in case your data doesn't reset or some other anomaly occurs and rest easy knowing autopay will never fail if you rely on it. Use it as a back up plan when you do forget to top up....it happened to me once and it worked perfectly!

To contact customer support :

Submit a support ticket via Simple--Simon the chat bot Click here 

Or if you prefer or cannot submit a support ticket you may send a private message : Click here 

To pre-verify add in your private messaging only your full name, address, email, phone # & 4 digit account pin #

@abeentz wrote:

Yes it has been warning me that it was coming up but now it actually said plan expired and it seems to me they should just take the money if I am on automatic payments without having to say anything to me.

I agree that customers should never errorneous see these messages about suspended and expired accounts when it's not true.  However, this is something that Public Mobile never fixed.  In addition, Public Mobile doesn't always finish the renewal at the same time. I've seen it complete as early as 2am but as late as 12pm.  Since your service still works, the error messages essentially mean nothing other than your service will be suspended if payment fails.

abeentz

Yes it has been warning me that it was coming up but now it actually said plan expired and it seems to me they should just take the money if I am on automatic payments without having to say anything to me.

abeentz

Thanks for that.  My phone does still work so I will see if that message goes away tomorrow.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@abeentz 

If your account is suspended and your phone still works...If your renewal date is tomorrow then you will get a standard message on your account indicating if your are on AutoPay or have sufficient funds to ignore the message.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@abeentz 

Autopay does fail. If you have no services, log into self service and go to the Payment tab and choose “other” from the drop down menu and enter the cost of your plan. Choose reactivate if there is a button or reboot.

@abeentz wrote:

If I am set up for automatic payments, then why is my account suspended?

Is your renewal set for today?  If it is, be aware that the message is displayed about suspended accounts shortly before the renewal finalizes.  If you service is still working, you can ignore the error message.

Need Help? Let's chat.