cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto withdrawal pymts

Kay89
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'd advise not to use auto withdrawal. They don't pay attention to dates, keep moving payment date up, until like today, they suspended my account because the money isn't there. Maybe if they took it out on the right date, they'd get it!

I've tried to cancel auto withdrawal, they won't let me! I am so angry. I'll be looking elsewhere. I'm a loyalty customer which I guess doesn't really mean anything.

22 REPLIES 22

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

No false advertising here. You just misunderstood the billing system. I guess you’re not going to need that lawyer after all. 
BTW…you don’t need to post multiple times in one day…for the same issue on the community. 

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

Your duplicate  post is not correct.  

I’m a senior too.  But you are not correct on paying every 28 days. I have 3 accounts each with an excel calendar that produces my next payment date and is bang on....every 30 days.  So if you are comparing of paying every month you are paying for 360 days and not 365 days.  But for the rates....I would not complain. And yes the day and date may change every month. Check your My Account and it will show your next date right after you make a payment. Telus used to have a prepaid plan by the year and the cost per month was less than if you paid monthly.....but for a number of reasons there is more bad than good for that option to be offered here. 

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Actually there are no problems with the billing dates. You just weren’t aware of the Public Mobile billing system. As stated by others here, it is every 30 days so it was actually taken out on the proper date. 

@hTideGnow wrote:

HI @wetcoaster   you sure Lucky and Chatr are also 30 days?  I thought they are monthly and only PM is 30 days

@hTideGnow , you’re correct, Lucky & Chatr are monthly not 30 days.

@hTideGnow wrote:

HI @wetcoaster   you sure Lucky and Chatr are also 30 days?  I thought they are monthly and only PM is 30 days

Chatr has always been monthly and calls the renewal date an "anniversary".  The renewal happens on the same day number each month.  For customers who activate on the 29th, 30th, or 31st, they set the renewal date to earlier in the month.

I've done a bit of research into current plan offerings recently (long story short, I find the 3G coverage for calls around where I use it most has been declining rather rapidly over the last year and a half, and it might be time for a plan with VoLTE... I know that some regulars are still keeping up the "VoLTE will be offered by PM soon", but, as far as I can tell, there are no official statements to support that, so crappy voice service might remain a 3rd tier "feature" until the bitter end of 3G...)

- All prepaid plans I've seen, from the providers I checked for it, are 30days, as the name suggests, paid upfront for the cycle ahead

- The postpaid plans I've bothered checking (2nd tier mainly) are monthly, ie the bill for the previous billing cycle is always on the same day each month

- Any website I looked at used "30 days" and "per month" interchangeably when describing prepaid payment cycles, and all would be clarifying it to "30 days" in the fine print.

So while I really think that language in the official material should be cleaned up and provide more consistency, Public Mobile is not the only provider that does this.

Edited the cursive bit - apparently I was generalizing too much - sorry for the inconvenience!

@Kay89 

Where did you get your information?

You now know it is not 28 days but a rolling 30 cycle.  Always has been.  When they offered 90 day plans, they were rolling 90 days cycles.

In fact, it’s only after 6 years of service that there is one ‘extra’ cycle.

So it’s nowhere close to an additional extra cycle every calendar year.

HI @Kay89    I know no one reads the fine print, but if you check it carefully, PM states clearly the plan is 30 days

hTideGnow_0-1677193156121.png

Chrissyrioux12
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

It advertises every 30 days not monthly 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Kay89   

30 days cycle here so your payment date will not be the same every month

You can disable Pre-Authorized payments by logging into My Account or using *611 (4 digits PIN required)

HI @Kay89  

30 days cycle, not 28

You can say you loss a bit.  But remember you get $2 Autopay discount or 5% back in Public point as a minimum saving?  

The plan cost here is pretty much the same as other Tier 3.  You loss some days in a year because of the 30 days cycle compare with other carriers, but you get that back form the saving.  So, I would say it is equal at least

@Kay89 , Public Mobile plan cycles are always 30 days.  This is well documented in the terms.  February is a 28 days month which affects the renewal date by 2 days which gives an impression of shortened interval. 

@Kay89  Your billing day will change continuously as PM is 30 day cycle 

@Kay89 wrote:

By billing every 28 days as opposed to monthly is a scam. You end up getting an extra payment every year!

Your plans are advertised as MONTHLY. Since you keep moving up my pymt. date, the money isn't in my account. I'm a pensioner. That's why my withdrawals are at the end of the month! Now, I've been suspended from my only lifeline!  Anybody want to start a class-action based on FALSE ADVERTISING? ?

Your plan last for 30 days.  I also dislike the use of the term "monthly".

@Kay89 wrote:

By billing every 28 days as opposed to monthly is a scam. You end up getting an extra payment every year!

Your plans are advertised as MONTHLY. Since you keep moving up my pymt. date, the money isn't in my account. I'm a pensioner. That's why my withdrawals are at the end of the month! Now, I've been suspended from my only lifeline!  Anybody want to start a class-action based on FALSE ADVERTISING? ?

@Kay89  not every 28 days but every 30 days

Yes, you loss a day after every 31 days month but you get back 2 days after February.  So, technically you lost 5 days a year only

It is just the way it is.  PM has been on the 30 days cycle from the beginning

Kay89
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Your plans are advertised as MONTHLY. Since you keep moving up my pymt. date, the money isn't in my account. I'm a pensioner. That's why my withdrawals are at the end of the month! Now, I've been suspended from my only lifeline!  Anybody want to start a class-action based on FALSE ADVERTISING? ? Please don't reply telling me how to make a pymt. I already know. I don't have money today anyway.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Kay89 PM is running in a 30 days cycle and not monthly.  Hence the payment date will move up 1 day after a 31 days month but will move down 2 days after February

If you like, You can in fact easily disable Autopay from Payment Page, click Manage Payment method:

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/en/account/payment/manage-card-summaryhttps://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/en/account/payment/manage-card-summary

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Kay89   PM bill cycles are every 30 days, not monthly so you billing date will also change depending on the number of days in each month. 

A failure of autopay (pre-authorized payment) is a problem of course on the rare occasion it happens.  You should be able to login and make a manual top up to Reactivate service though.  Make sure to use incognito/private mode to bypass caching issues with the site.

Another option is to purchase a voucher from SDM, London Drugs, 7/11 or Shell and add it by dialing 611 on your phone.

edit:  BTW, you can disable autopay while logged into the account from the Payment page but then would need to remember to add funds to your account prior to renewal date to keep the phone service active

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Kay89  

Auto pay can fail

To make payment and reactivate plan .. if you know PIN number you can *611 with a voucher and *611  no PIN needed . You can also do this by by calling 18554PUBLIC . otherwise log into self serve make manual payment and reactivate service and or update credit card if necessary

My account

Legend  and features

Change plan / update cc /auto pay

Handy1_0-1677190183217.png

Account #/ change # port /swap SIM

If you  still have service and your plan renews today / tomorrow you can ignore this suspended notice

Need Help? Let's chat.