cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto-pay rewards on 90 day plans

Y4J259
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

90 day plan on old loyalty program

If you switch to a different plan and pick the 90 day plan. Do you get $6 off for auto payment or only $2? My old plan gives me $2 off per month/bill if I am set up for autopay. Curious how this works on the 90 day plan. TIA

45 REPLIES 45

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just Saw This in REWARDS Under Preauthorised Payments and Rewards, etc. :

Pre-authorized payments Rewards are earned when you set up automatic payments with a pre-authorized credit or Visa Debit card.

Earn:

30-day subscription: $2/30 days
90-day subscription: $6/90 days
10-day subscription: not eligible
Note: if you are on a 90-day subscription, your Rewards will be accumulated and applied every 90 days. 10-day subscriptions are not eligible for Rewards.

Refer-a-Friend and earn $1 off every 30 days, or $3 off every 90 days. Your friend will also receive a one-time $10 credit when they activate.

Head over to the Public Mobile Community, and lend a hand. Asking questions, answering questions or just providing your thoughts can earn up to $20 per calendar month.

I get it, rules for thee, but not for me. #get woke, to broke.  

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@will13am 

Sometimes it's just the principle of standing up for what is not right not whether you win or lose. Anyways it took a mere 6 weeks to refer away the price hike so telus is still losing.

Oh I forgot you actually have to pay for groceries....you may not want to invest in Loblaws Inc. as long as I'm a PC optimum member?!!

@maximum_gato wrote:

@will13am 

As I have mentioned previously I would not accept a CSA's explanation for losing out on 60 days worth of rewards. I would escalate the issue. I would be out a lot more than just rewards if I accepted a CSA's word as "bible". The bonus $25 ($5×5 months) referral credit debacle from last year is a perfect example or the lost/stolen glitch. If you let your mobile provider walk all over you they will.....it's up to customers to stand up and demand what they are promised. Complacency breeds contempt which fuels greed.

When I noticed the change in policy of crediting rewards after an early renewal or immediate plan change I questioned the reasoning.....as I could easily abuse this new policy with either of my accounts (not that I would.....but I could.) Even suspending is a disadvantage reward wise.....standing up for my principles over the $3 rate hike to the $10 50/50 plan cost much more than just $3/30 days (as you well know!!)

Say hello to darlicious yourself.....she's only gagged not blind or deaf.....she doesn't even get kicked out of the community by eversafe! She's ever watching like a fly on the wall! 🪰

@maximum_gato , I prefer to pick my battles, no point trying to be the winner of a chainsaw fight.  Loblaws raised the price of my favorite fritters 2x, I am not going to picket in front of Galen's mansion.  Discretion is the better part of valor.  Don't get mad, get even, buy the stock.  

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@will13am 

As I have mentioned previously I would not accept a CSA's explanation for losing out on 60 days worth of rewards. I would escalate the issue. I would be out a lot more than just rewards if I accepted a CSA's word as "bible". The bonus $25 ($5×5 months) referral credit debacle from last year is a perfect example or the lost/stolen glitch. If you let your mobile provider walk all over you they will.....it's up to customers to stand up and demand what they are promised. Complacency breeds contempt which fuels greed.

When I noticed the change in policy of crediting rewards after an early renewal or immediate plan change I questioned the reasoning.....as I could easily abuse this new policy with either of my accounts (not that I would.....but I could.) Even suspending is a disadvantage reward wise.....standing up for my principles over the $3 rate hike to the $10 50/50 plan cost much more than just $3/30 days (as you well know!!)

Say hello to darlicious yourself.....she's only gagged not blind or deaf.....she doesn't even get kicked out of the community by eversafe! She's ever watching like a fly on the wall! 🪰

Technically nothing is lost when coming from a 30 day plan.  It's when you leave a 90 day plan to a 30 day plan loses are incurred.  That was my experience anyway when I came off the 2016 fall promo. 

@gpixel- How do you interpret that? He has been completely clear in his explanations. And I agree with him. It has always been this way.

Maybe the referral reward will add some context. You pre-pay a plan. Sometime after that you get a referral. A dollar is added to your referral quantity. But you won't see that dollar until the next renewal. The rewards are paid for the past 30 days. Heck, you could even toggle off autopay and then the day before toggle it back on and bam you get the 2 dollars. For the past 30 days.

@gpixel I think it is a blind spot for the 2 months.  Remember rewards are earn at the end of a plan cycle.  You finished a 30 days cycle and moving to a 90 days cycle, so, you effectively only have a 30 days rewards earned. 

Check my explanation here

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Switching-to-the-new-44-00-MONTH-plan-wil...

@Handy1 , I have scheduled a plan change on renewal from the current $39/20GB plan to the $117/90GB plan.  After submitting this change, the payment tab shows 1x rewards for each of autopay, loyalty and referrals, not 3x for any of these.  It would be unusual to expect a different reward if I were to do an immediate renewal.  I think the payment tab information is correct because the prior plan cycle was 30 days and so I have earned 1x rewards which is due to be credited on the next scheduled renewal.  Having said that, when I came off of the 2016 fall promo into a 30 day plan, the system only gave me 1x rewards.  I questioned this apparent error and I was told that 30 day plans only get 1x rewards.  I sucked it up and moved on.  What else can I do when I cannot get the CSA to accept rational explanation?

@maximum_gato , the timing changes might be accelerate the renewal process.  Recall how an account used to show as suspended through the middle of the night and sometimes early in the morning.  Always rewards were issued into the account first before a debit was made to pay the renewal.  As for getting rewards for off schedule renewals to me that's gaming the system.  Suppose a customer had $20 of total rewards and subscribes to the $25 plan.  This customer could theoretically roll their own $15/3GB plan by doing off schedule renewals every 10 days.  Given the plan options available, this same customer would need to buy the $39 plan in order to get enough usage for a 30 day cycle.  The net cost would be $19 instead of $15.  The counter point would be that $4 more buys a whole lot more data.  But is there value in hoarding expiring data that doesn't get used?  I don't take expired milk products even if it's free.  You get my point about how rewarding off schedule renewals amounts to officially endorsing gamifying the rewards system.  On merit the intent of the legacy rewards system is to provide $2 every 30 days for using autopay, $1 every 30 days for each full year of loyalty up to 5 years, $1 every 30 days for each active referral.  The proper dispensing of these rewards would come from issuing rewards on scheduled renewals only based on the duration of the prior plan cycle, 3x for 90 days and 1x for 30 days.  BTW, give my regards to darlicious.  (⁠。⁠♡⁠‿⁠♡⁠。⁠)

Edit:  I should also add that if rewards are issued for off schedule renewals, then nobody will want to buy expiring add-on data anymore.  Why bother when renewing results in similar outcome and possibly at a lower cost.  

@maximum_gato wrote:

@computergeek541 

Thanks.....the waters just got murkier!

I believe that Will13am is trying to point out that rewards are earned for competing a plan cycle, and that make sense, but I can't explain why the full $6 autopay/pre-authorized payment reawrd got paid in advance, nor can I explain why other rewards were only paid for only 30 day's worth of time. 

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@computergeek541 

Thanks.....the waters just got murkier!

@will13am wrote:

@Y4J259 , if the new 90 day plans work like the ubiquitous 2016 fall promo, then you will see 3x rewards issued at the time of each 90 day renewal cycle.  Being on the 2016 fall promo for most of my time here, I can tell you that referral rewards were not earned every 30 days.  If at any time within a 90 day cycle a referral leaves, there are no rewards issued, so it either $3 or $0.  The help article covering the legacy reward system continues to say that rewards are issued at renewal time.  Personally I would go with what the help article says until proven otherwise.  

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/old-public-rewards-program

The way that loyalty and refer-a-friend rewards are paid is something that some customers are curious about.   However, for the autopay/pre-authorized payment rewards, that is still paid out a $6 credit to the account balance. I did an immediate plan change from a 30-day plan to a 90-day plan and got the full $6 reward for pre-authorized payments a couple of days after the change.

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@dabr 

Thanks!

@esjliv 

Thanks I'm the same but it's a little early as my anniversaries are not due for another another month and two.....

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@maximum_gato - I checked 2 accounts:

1. on one account, the loyalty is equal in the upcoming compared to the My Rewards section.
  2. On another account, the loyalty is showing one more $4 in upcoming, but My Rewards is $3. BUT, this would likely be because my 4th anniversary is coming next renewal on this account. Happy surprise!

EDIT @maximum_gato , actually my bookkeeping is behind 1 cycle. So to correct my original above - my accurate Loyalty is $3 on this account, which just started in May 2023.

The $4 showing up in upcoming payment, is incorrect. I do recall this upcoming payment section was wonky prior to upgrades.

@maximum_gato    If you're asking about how the RAF is posted under Payments in My Account, then I've noticed that for the last few months, the full number of RAF rewards are always posted but the actual number of active (correct number) RAF rewards are credited to the balance the day before payment due date.

edit:  lol...oops, misread, don't see anything amiss on the loyalty rewards..

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@dabr 

Lol....gotcha! Anyone else have a difference in their loyalty reward between your upcoming bill and your rewards page?

@maximum_gato   No app, just desktop.  Yes, only the Rewards page shows the last four digits of referrals for those on old reward.  edit:  adding but not in My Account.

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@dabr 

Are you using the app? I can see my referral's last 4 digit phone numbers in my reward account/page without a problem. Just like before....?

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@softech @gpixel - yup, i'd say this "REFER-A-FRIEND GETS A MAKEOVER" section is showing the customer's current refer a friends quantity, I just check 1 of my accounts, and it is so. So...maybe it is still 110 max? Unless it is posted somewhere otherwise.

@gpixel do you have 30 friends now?  I think I saw that number change base on the number of friend you have now.  The upto 30 is because you only have 30 fds now but some can have account suspended.  That number does now mean 30 is the max PM allows.  At least that was what it meant before 

@maximum_gato    Lol...actually it's fairly safe to go to the Rewards portal as long as you don't click anything about "joining points".  🙂  

Plus it's the only place to see the last four digits (for those on old rewards) of the RAF numbers and anniversary date.

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@dabr @gpixel 

Man you guys are brave....I don't go anywhere near the points section in my rewards account/page!

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@gpixel   I got confused by the wording of the max. RAF too a little awhile ago and it seems what you see as to the max. number of RAF being earned refers to your current referrals available as mine noted max. 4.  That's an impressive number of referrals in your screenshot assuming PM hasn't changed policy on this since my query about this earlier.  😊

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/RAF-Points/td-p/970724

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

I'm pretty sure this is the new goal. look at the max referrals 

Screenshot_20230525-220103.png

the 90 day plans aren't worth it for customers paying their accounts through rewards and available balance. if the rewards were paid out all at once for the 90 days it would be. this forces one to add money to pay upfront and then in the end one would always have to add money. 

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@Handy1 

If you go back thru your payment history you will see when your rewards were applied a few minutes after midnight. I'm assuming the timestamp is the eastern time zone....if yours are the same rather than shortly after 1am eastern that will confirm all timestamps regardless of the customer's time zone are eastern. (Me=3 hrs behind/pacific You=1 hr ahead/atlantic) 

Proxima
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

if you’re still on the old rewords system you’ll get 6 dollars off your next bill. I used to be part of public long time ago. 

Need Help? Let's chat.