cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto-pay rewards on 90 day plans

Y4J259
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

90 day plan on old loyalty program

If you switch to a different plan and pick the 90 day plan. Do you get $6 off for auto payment or only $2? My old plan gives me $2 off per month/bill if I am set up for autopay. Curious how this works on the 90 day plan. TIA

45 REPLIES 45

@maximum_gato  I’ve never been in a 90 day cycle before so I’m in the dark as to if it will be awarded just at renewal or every 30 days .. my impression was every 30 days .. as for time stamp on payment history I see that but it’s just says different time in the wee hours of the morning as you mentioned but does not indicated est time or pacific time etc so cannot confirm that 

Proxima
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

truthfully I don’t really care about the rewards, it isn’t gonna make much of a difference to me especially since I recently left my former provider and I’m paying $16 less for the same amount of gigs per month. 30gigs for 39$ or 117$ (131.00 with tax every 3 months) good deal in general. 

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@softech @Handy1 

Upon review of my past 12 months of payments and noting the change of the application of rewards from shortly after midnight on the first day of the new 30 day cycle to the afternoon of the day before it appears that pm has implemented the new rewards application system well ahead of the re-introduction of the 90 day plans.

Maybe someone with an old 90 day plan can check if their rewards application had also changed to every 30 days during their 90 day cycle in the past few months?

I must say I do like the time stamp in our accounts for all payment histories. They appear to be in eastern time.... @Handy1  can you confirm this?

@Handy1 

my experience with my friend referral are either they go away completely or not.    Yes, they might suspend for couple days due to  missed payments, but usually not extended leave.  So I don't see it as a big risk in my case.  And, I believe the length of their leave is not critical, more the timing.  If your friend is back when you renew, it should be fine.  But of course, all these are not  written clearly on the terms, you have to go through this to test out how the system is programmed to deal with case like this.  

We need more members to share their experiences to conform 

@softech  My only hesitancy in the $39 90 day all boils down to the “risk” of the reward . Because even with out rewards then the 90 day cycle for 10 GB more for same price becomes the clear winner…hymmm well I got till end of the month to make my final decision at least , I have the $39 90 day scheduled for next renewal 

@Handy1  I guess the $39/20GB or $39/30GB 90 days price is debatable with or without the rewards "risk"

the $39 is a 90 day commitment , this is the "price" to pay.  

@softech  So that’s dirty and a gamble maybe the $39 20Gb plan to get rewards every 30 day is still better in that regard despite the extra 10GB 

add because in that case if the Friend leaving after 55 days you still get the $2 over that time 

@Handy1   I think as @will13am said , it's either $0 or $3, so, it will be $0 if the person suspended at your renewal

So my math is right this time 🙂 … so one last question then if the $1 friend referral stays for 2 months 60 day and not the full 90 days would you still earn 2$ for the 60days they did stay making that next renewal $94

@Handy1  So, with the new calculation, sound like the $24 rewards and $15 will be on the account during renewal, so the renewal amount will be $93 only

@will13am @maximum_gato  so if your on old rewards say $5 for “loyalty $2 for auto pay and $1  friend referral after paying $117 for 90 day cycle . That on renewal in 90 days you would pay $93 for the next 90 day cycle giving you $24 in savings or are you saying it would only be $10 in saving leaving thou to pay $107 for that next renewal … my understanding is it would be $93 …

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@will13am 

It seems pm is trying to match what the old $$ rewards rules say vs reality?

I noticed that sometime in the past year the rule of not earning rewards on an early renewal or immediate plan change had been updated and customers doing so would recieve their rewards within 24 hours. The previous reasoning for not recieving your earned rewards was prevention of abuse by customers earning rewards that equal or exceed their plan amount.

With these changes maybe pm intends to enforce the rule of only earning a maximum amount of rewards that are equal to a customer's plan amount? Otherwise what is stopping the abuse of rewards and immediate plan changes/early renewals?

Upon reading your linked reward rules and trying to read "Other Reward Rules" that leads to no article and refreshing returns an error leads me to believe a major change is afoot when it comes to the application of $$ rewards to accounts. Are we now going to be limited to earning only up to our plan amount?

@computergeek541 

You might as well get in on this as well since you mentioned the change in the application of rewards. Spill the beans as they say......

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@Y4J259 

Please see my explanation and advice in this other thread posted today.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Rewards-on-90-days-new-subscription/td-p/...

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Y4J259 , if the new 90 day plans work like the ubiquitous 2016 fall promo, then you will see 3x rewards issued at the time of each 90 day renewal cycle.  Being on the 2016 fall promo for most of my time here, I can tell you that referral rewards were not earned every 30 days.  If at any time within a 90 day cycle a referral leaves, there are no rewards issued, so it either $3 or $0.  The help article covering the legacy reward system continues to say that rewards are issued at renewal time.  Personally I would go with what the help article says until proven otherwise.  

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/old-public-rewards-program

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Y4J259  Yes you will continue to get your auto pay and loyalty rewards . You will be awarded them every 30 days and on the 90 day renewal have $6 in auto pay rewards in available funds and any other loyalty rewards you have like friend referral 

Need Help? Let's chat.