cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rewards on 90 days new subscription

Veni
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi there,

I was wondering why PM would apply only 1 month rewards on new 3 months subscription.

I thought it would be 3 months rewards not one on my next payment.

Thx for your help.

41 REPLIES 41

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@Karnbot13 

While I would still argue the point for the missing 60 days of rewards with the escalations department since first level support only reads from the script. 

Interesting that pm is now paying it forward. Since rewards are now applied about 12 hours before renewal I'm curious what would happen if you suspended or disabled autopay after midnight eastern but before renewal what would happen with the rewards if you reactivated on a 30 day plan?

I'm not condoning or recommending this action....I'm just curious of the outcome? Seems that it's another change by pm that's open for abuse?

Karnbot13
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Last night my account upgraded to the 90 day plan. It appears that for me, the rewards automatically tripled before payment, as they should. 

Karnbot13

So they aren't reimbursing the 60 days of rewards that they took when I went from a 90 day plan to a 30 day? I;m shocked, I say, SHOCKED!  /s

@softech 

Just passing on the information.  Public mobile is working on new knowledge articles.  

Still have some other questions pending like changing 30 or 90 day plans earlier and the effect on the rewards.  

thanks @Dunkman  for working with PM to clarify this

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Veni 

Looks like there is some clarification from Public mobile

Public mobile will clarify soon (via knowledge articles) the exact timing of the rewards soon for the 90 day plans.  It will be different from the 30 day plans. 

According to recent correspondence from PM, rewards are based on the cycle that just passed.  So, if you do a scheduled 90 day plan change at next renewal, you should get your normal 30 day rewards (30 day cycle that just passed) at renewal/plan change.  You will get refer a friend rewards/points monthly going forward.  At day 89, you should get the Autopay (legacy) or Points back and Loyalty rewards (legacy) for 3 months. Community rewards (if participating) should still be credited monthly.  

@Karnbot13- Ok so this is good for further corroboration than just one person reporting this problem. Obviously and of course it should have been that upon changing from 90 to 30 that you would get all of the earned rewards of the past paid 90 days. I would fight for it. Others don't seem to be quite as motivated.

Karnbot13

Technically they've taken 60 days of rewards from me when I went to the 30 day from the 90. I had already accumulated 90 days of rewards. This is the issue I want  resolved. 

@Karnbot13   Yup, since the 90 days plan just reintroduced, we are all wait and see.  Agent confirmed this time, people should see the 3x rewards at the end of the 90 days cycle. But seeing is beliving, we need to wait till end of Sept/early Oct to have the first batch of 90 days subscribers to report on the "success" (hopefully not "failure")   🙂

Karnbot13

I am in the same boat as @Veni  Yes, we understand that you earn rewards every 30 days. That makes sense. However, when I switched to a 30 day fro a 90 day in the past, I lost the rewards accumulated and was given the rewards for 30 days. Now it appears that the company is playing a game. It should be calculated for the next 90 days if you're already a customer, then accumulate every 30 days from there on, if that's what they want. That would be fair and reasonable. I'm not going to hold my breath but I have put a request into an agent for an explanation. We'll see 

tsunami604
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Any new clarification on how the new updated rewards system works? and exactly when the rewards are being credited? I am in the same boat as @Veni and am concerned about being 2 months behind in rewards. I am currently on 30 day plan and was considering switching to the current 90 day promo. 

Veni

I always got $21 at the beginning of my 90 days subscription for years. Been with PM since 2015 not since 2023. 

Thx 

Veni

Hi Geogolem.

Thx a lot for your reply.

Just to let you know I'm back to 30 days plan. I tried the 90 days and they won't credit $6 for 90 days subscription at all. They give $2 only even though you pay for 3 months you get $2 only. 

No transparency at all and many are talking about the new 90 days subscription from their own imagination. Most never ever went thru the 90 days subscription yet . Good luck. 

geogolem

From what I'm reading on the rewards page, you should get the 3x$2 autopay reward and the 3xfriend referral reward immediately; however, the loyalty one will accumulate every 30 days... That is what I am getting from the rewards page.. Below are the description of each of the 3 rewards. Notice for the autopay and friend referral, it tells you clearly, you get 6$ off every pay period for the 90 day subscription. Similar with refer a friend it says you get 3$ off for every pay period for each friend you refer... For the Loyalty Pays it says you get x(1-5$) off each 30 days, and if you are on a 90 day subscription the reward will accumulate...

I'm not sure if their descriptions are correct and correspond to how they are implemented etc. but its quite clear to me, that the loyalty reward is awarded every 30 days and accumulates whilst the other ones are simply paid every pay period... based on what I am reading here... but who really knows.

------------------------------------------

Pre-authorized Payments:

Pre-authorized payments Rewards are earned when you set up automatic payments with a pre-authorized credit or Visa Debit card.

Earn:

• 30-day subscription: $2/30 days
  • 90-day subscription: $6/90 days

Refer a Friend:

Refer-a-Friend and earn $1 off every 30 days, or $3 off every 90 days. Your friend will also receive a one-time $10 credit when they activate.

Loyalty Pays:

After staying with Public Mobile for 1 year, you will earn $1 off each 30 day period.

After 2 years, your Reward will increase to $2 off each 30 day period - it'll continue to increase every year up to year 5.

Note: if you are on a 90-day subscription, your Rewards will be accumulated and applied every 90 days. 10-day subscriptions are not eligible for Rewards.

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@Veni 

When you changed plans from 90 days to 30 days if your rewards applied at that renewal were $7 then pm shortchanged you $14 on that renewal. After that you would earn $7 after each 30 day cycle. Regardless of which plan (30 or 90 days?) you have after renewal you can contact customer support and ask for the $14 you did not recieve when you changed  plans previously.

I'm sorry if you have misunderstood how rewards are earned and applied all of these years with pm but your argument does not hold water and using it with pm will never be successful. If you choose to argue the opposite which I have done successfully numerous times after using lost/stolen to self-suspend and its rewards glitch affecting the application of rewards upon renewal. The choice is yours of course.

@softech 

This makes me wonder if this also fixes the lost/stolen glitch? If it does its caused a whole new glitch with using lost/stolen to self-suspend. I can't test again for another month though....?

@Veni wrote:

Bs bs bs . Loyalty has nothing to do with plan cycle. Autopay has nothing to do with plan cycle. 

I get $7 at the beginning of my plan never at the end.

Lot of changes on their way mean guys go check the competition.

Some are offering 40 gigs unlimited calls texts and roaming USA - Canada for $50 a month plus you get $5 discount auto pay and 5 hours a month unlimited data wich has nothing to do with 40 G plan plus more and more. 

With new PM system and bs bs bs I guess it's the beginning of the end. Was one of the best cellphone company. But everything has an end. Add to that inflation cost of living I can't plame PM . But we all have a choice. 

Thx .

@Veni , I am not going to defend Public Mobile as the next best thing to slice bread.  They have served me well  since 2016 and many in this community would say concur with this assertion.  The beauty of a competitive landscape is choice.  If you find better elsewhere, the obvious solution is to go elsewhere.  Otherwise you are cherry picking the good points from other carrier brands and lamenting why Public Mobile does not have these options.  On the other side of the table, customers with the competition are also wondering why Public Mobile offers features that their provider does not have.  If you are referring to Freedom Mobile, I would not pay any money to be on their network, which is best described as swiss cheese like.  I was with them twice as I really wanted the little guy to succeed.  After being disappointed twice, the sweetness of low price does not work anymore.

Back to the reward system and how their are earned and issued.  I am working in the background to seek clarification how the system actually works today and how it should work.  It is very clear that rewards are issued after they are earned and so the next plan cycle is credited with rewards earned from the prior plan cycle.  

Veni

Bs bs bs . Loyalty has nothing to do with plan cycle. Autopay has nothing to do with plan cycle. 

I get $7 at the beginning of my plan never at the end.

Lot of changes on their way mean guys go check the competition.

Some are offering 40 gigs unlimited calls texts and roaming USA - Canada for $50 a month plus you get $5 discount auto pay and 5 hours a month unlimited data wich has nothing to do with 40 G plan plus more and more. 

With new PM system and bs bs bs I guess it's the beginning of the end. Was one of the best cellphone company. But everything has an end. Add to that inflation cost of living I can't plame PM . But we all have a choice. 

Thx .

@Veni 

from what you said, you are not losing 2 months

Couple community members were talking this last night and I think the math CS told you was right

Reward are earned after you completed the  plan cycle ,  30 or  90 days depends on the plan.

You are on 30 plan now, so at the end of this cycle, you earned one month of rewards only ,$7.  So when you change to a new 90 days cycle, you will pay $117 -$7 (but I wonder if you indeed will be paying $132 -$7 and get the $15 back in credit couple days later)

Then you earn the $21 rewards after 90 days, that's why you will pay $117-21 on the renewal 90 days later 

However, it is true you lost the reward when you switched from 90 days to 30 days plan before .  @will13am had the same experience.  

But PM has changed the reward pay out system couple months ago.  Now, they deposit the rewards on the last day of your plan cycle instead of during renewal process.  This change should correct the wrong reward situation you experienced when you moved from 90 to 30 days plan.  With this change,  this is why you have $7 rewards discount if you change to 90 days now and will be getting $21 rewards discount on subsequent renewals. This is based on  rewards are earn at the completion of your plan cycle

Veni

I cut it short. I just cancelled my renewal for 90 days subscription. Back on 30 days and I m happy with it. 

Thx community. 

Veni

Another thing. When I decided to change my plan few months ago from 90 days plan to 30 days, the minute I confirm PM told me right away you'll be getting $7 rewards because you are no more on 3 months plan. Wich make sense $21/3 equal to $7 . Why I can't get 3 months rewards right away since I earned them for many years. I m not a new client. I had those rewards for years. It not new or I need to earn them as new client they are already earned. Common sense. 

Thx

Veni

I should be paying $39 a month x3 equal to $117 - $21 equal to $96 plus taxes but now they want me to pay $117-$7 equal $110 plus taxes for my first 90 days subscription. On my second I'll be paying according to PM $117-$21 equal to $96 plus taxes. As I said and repeat I'll be always loosing my first 2 months rewards. Instead I should be getting them right away or getting 5 months rewards on my second 90 days subscription. 2 months rewards from my first 90 days subscription and 3 months rewards for the second 90 days subscription. If there are any changes they must explain it with transparency to all of us. 

Thx

@computergeek541 @will13am  with new information from @Veni , can you confirm with PM via your channel to confirm what exact the system is and if this will be fixed?

Veni

Common sense. You pay for 1 month you're rewarded one month upfront. 

You pay for 3 months then you should be rewarded for 90 days. 

That how it was for years. I paid $120 for 3 months service and was awarded $21 right away so it was 120-21 so I was paying $99 plus taxes . I was never ever paying $120-7 equal to $113 plus taxes then getting $7 on second month and another $7 the third month. I've been with PM for years I'm not a new client or 1 or 2 years. I know exactly what I'm talking about. 

Thx. 

Veni

I was told that PM are having issues with their new system. So they can't apply 3 months rewards to 3 months plans. The question is: why offer 3 months subscription then?

And as I said I ll be loosing 2 months rewards on my first 90 days subscription because on renewal I'll be getting 3 months rewards, 2 months from my first 90 days subscription and 1 month rewards on my second 90 days subscription. 

I told them I'll just stay on month to month. Leak of transparency I guess or a way to cancel rewards for all PM customers. 

These are the updates community. Thanks.

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@wetcoaster 

I've only seen your last post now. My understanding has always been that you must pay and then earn your rewards based on the previous 30 or 90 day cycle. The only seemingly exception to this was activating and choosing to register for autopay during the activation process (when it used to be voluntary.) Those who did so would recieve 2×$2 autopay reward. One credited immediately after activation and the second $2 autopay reward upon renewal. 

A while back I activated a referral under the old $$ rewards program but reluctant to register my card for autopay I paid for the plan but did not check the autopay box. Immediately after activation I logged into the account and registered a $0 gift credit card so the referral would earn the $2 autopay reward. When the extra $2 autopay reward did not appear I asked a CSA why despite immediately registering for it after activation.

That's when it was explained to me that rewards are based on the previous cycle before renewal or specifically at 11:59:59pm eastern on day 30/90 or at the moment of activation. To "earn" the extra $2 autopay reward you had to register for autopay before activation of the Sim card and account creation.

If you activated on a 90 day plan and registered for autopay you would have been credited $2 in your account balance with $6 "pending" (3×$2/30 days) in your rewards account/page. As long as you were registered for autopay at 11:59:59pm eastern on day 90 $6 would be applied to the $2 already credited=$8 in autopay rewards applied and deducted from your plan amount. This is the only time a reward has been "paid forward".

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@Veni 

I guess you just are not getting what I'm putting down and that's OK. But rereading your original post and clueing in that you are currently on a 90 day plan I completely agree with what you have issue with that I did previously mention that I don't understand.

If I was in your position I would contact customer support and ask for your 3×30 days of rewards to be applied (or the difference=60 days) if after renewal on the new 90 day plan you only recieve 30 days worth of rewards. Of course after this on the new 90 day plan the rewards will be credited 3× in the next 90 day cycle which upon renewal would equal the same amount as the old 90 day plan.

I have never understood why a 90 day subscriber when changing plans has their rewards reduced to 30 days worth other than its been a glitch all this time? I certainly wouldn't accept the reasoning from customer support that I've heard back from other customers raising the same issue. Rewards are based on your previous paid cycle of service whether it's 1×30 days ($7) or 3×30 days=90 days ($21) not your upcoming cycle after renewal.

You have a legitimate complaint that I would ask to be escalated once you recieve the stock answer from the first level of customer support. If you have trouble getting your complaint escalated then mention the magic letters c c t s to get your complaint handled by the pm escalations department.

Sorry that I initially missed your point....if you do complain please update us with your results. Thx!

Veni

I'm sorry I've been with PM for years. I had 90 days plan 12G unlimited province talk text and I was paying $120 - $21 every 3 months. For years PM never ever applied rewards month to month unless someone has a monthly plan. I pay 3 months ahead I deserve 3 months rewards. I get 1 month rewards I should be paying 1 month at a time. I'm glad I didn't change my plan yet. PM is always the best for me. As of now I m going to cancel my 90 days subscription wich will start in a week and peace of mind. More promotions on September, holidays and so. 

Thanx community.

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@Veni 

It's never worked that way. Rewards have been credited to your account upon renewal based on the previous 30 or 90 day cycle. If you keep your scheduled plan change you will have your rewards based on your current 30 day cycle credited to your account.

The change in rewards application actually benefits you as you will recieve your rewards credited to your account before your next renewal in 3×30 day increments making them available to you to use for the purchase of add ons or a plan change that occurs before your next renewal.

Veni

I think its too complicated so I think just cancel the renewal and back on my monthly plan. 

Technically will be always 2 months behind. I'll get the 3 months rewards on my second subscription and then after but not on the first subscription. Many changes on the way with PM. 

Common sense if i get 3 months rewards on my second subscription why i cant get them on my first?

They charge 3 months ahead means I paid so I earned my rewards if it on monthly payment that would make more logic.    

Thank you community for all your help.

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@Veni 

You're not losing out as rewards are credited after payment and 30 days of paid service not before. I can understand why they have changed the payout schedule on a 90 day plan to be paid out after each 30 day cycle to accumulate by the end of the 90 days to be 3×30 days=90 days of rewards. (ie. $2 autopay+$2 loyalty+$1 referral rewards=$7×3×30 days=$21)

Previously it seemed that those on a 90 day plan who scheduled a change plan on next renewal would only be credited with a 30 day cycle of rewards. This never made sense to me? Now if you schedule a change plan on next renewal back to a 30 day plan or change plans mid-cycle you will be credited rewards for the appropriate time/cycle used. Perhaps those who change plans before 60 days has passed could have been double rewarded for the final 30 days which may have prompted this change as well?

Need Help? Let's chat.