cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching to the new $ 44 .00 / MONTH plan, will I keep ALL of my old rewards?

canadaeh99
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Such as loyalty, referrals, and auto pay, on the new 90 day plan?

Thanks

12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just Saw This in REWARDS Under Preauthorised Payments and Rewards, etc. :

Pre-authorized payments Rewards are earned when you set up automatic payments with a pre-authorized credit or Visa Debit card.

Earn:

30-day subscription: $2/30 days
90-day subscription: $6/90 days
10-day subscription: not eligible
Note: if you are on a 90-day subscription, your Rewards will be accumulated and applied every 90 days. 10-day subscriptions are not eligible for Rewards.

Refer-a-Friend and earn $1 off every 30 days, or $3 off every 90 days. Your friend will also receive a one-time $10 credit when they activate.

Head over to the Public Mobile Community, and lend a hand. Asking questions, answering questions or just providing your thoughts can earn up to $20 per calendar month.

@Ashellef wrote:

So later on, by this logic, if I switch back to a 30 day plan I will be credited loyalty according to the previous 90 day plan. ie: 3 times as much? From what I've read in other threads this is not the case.

@canadaeh99 , in principle this is what should happen.  However, I receive 1x rewards when I came off of a legacy 90 day plan into a 30 plan.  I tried to explain why I should get 3x but the response was like what tree did I fall out of.  Having said that, I was a customer back in the day when the 90 days plans were the all the rage.  Customer were on 90 day plans for the most part.  Transitions back and forth were not well documented.  There has been talk about back end changes to the reward system functionality.  Color me skeptical, I want things fact checked before I believe it.  

@shabby  PM has not been putting enough information online, not just for this but generally speaking.    i agree it is less than ideal.  Community members try to understand the system  and share our experience. Sometimes we are wrong but we try out best to share what we know

shabby
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@softech that does help but why isn't that written when you're changing plans? Why does someone have to sift through the forum to figure that out?

Ashellef

So later on, by this logic, if I switch back to a 30 day plan I will be credited loyalty according to the previous 90 day plan. ie: 3 times as much? From what I've read in other threads this is not the case.

@shabby wrote:

pm4.jpg

@shabby 

You didn't loss two month of rewards.  You are getting just one rewards discount because you will be coming off from a 30 days plan and you only earned a rewards from the current 30 days plan

For PM, rewards are earned at the end of a plan cycle.  PM will credit rewards to your account on the last day of the cycle.  These rewards will then be used towards your renewal on the following day

So, this is what we understand with the payment and rewards

1. When you schedule a 90 days plan change, since your current plan has a 30 days cycle, your rewards credit for next renewal (for the new  90 days plan), will be a one month rewards ($10 in your case). Therefore your payment will be $117-$10 (one month rewards) + tax
    (and a reminder, you will get the full 90 GB of data on day 1 for used on the next 90 day)
  2. On you subsequent renewals, at the end of a 90 days cle, a 3 months worth of rewards ($30) will be added to your account on the last day of the 90 days cycle.  So, you will be paying $117 - $30 + tax when you renew

Comparison between 30 days and 90 days plan based on $10 rewards/30 days

creditAmt DuePayment creditAmt DuePayment
July 730 days rewards (Jun 8-July7)10   10  
July 8Renewal 4434  117107
August 630 days rewards (July 7-Aug 6)10      
August 6Renewal 4434    
Sept 530 days renewal (Aug 7-Sept 5)10      
Sept 6Renewal 4434    
Oct 5*30 days rewards (Sept 6-Oct 5)10      
Oct 5*90 days rewards (July 8-Oct 5)    30  

Total 40132102 40117107

** This is the amount left on Available Fund BEFORE the renewal on Oct 6

With 30 days plan, PM has charged you total of $102 from the 3 payments , but you left with $10 in Available Fund on Oct 5
With 90 days plan, PM has charged you total of $107 from the single payment, but you have $40 in Available Fund on Oct 5

Hope this helps

Ashellef

Your screen shot is the same thing happened to me. I wish I would have seen this before I made the switch. I just switched from the recent $39/month 20 GB promo. If this means that I have lost those two months of rewards plus the extra charge of the HST on the higher amount, this isn't as good as it seemed. I (perhaps wrongly) assumed my loyalty, subscription, and refer a friend rewards would be multiplied by three. If this isn't the case, I'll just cancel the upcoming rate change and keep with my old legacy plan. I don't need all this data anyway.

shabby
PM really needs to be more clear when switching to 90 day plans how the rewards will be added.
Right now it looks like i lost my rewards for 2 months.
If they will credit back the 2 months at the end i wonder if they will credit hst also, because normally hst is added after the rewards are taken off the total.

pm4.jpg

Hollister
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@softech wrote:

@canadaeh99 yes, changing plan won't affect rewards, you will keep all the rewards as before.  But rewards will be posted at the end of the 90 days plan cycle with 90 days plan.  So, you get 3x your current monthly rewards every 90 days

So if I change to the subscription on renewal I wait 90 days and get 3x the rewards. How about the rewards for the 30 day period up to the renewal?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@canadaeh99 yes, changing plan won't affect rewards, you will keep all the rewards as before.  But rewards will be posted at the end of the 90 days plan cycle with 90 days plan.  So, you get 3x your current monthly rewards every 90 days

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@canadaeh99 changing plans DO NOT affect loyalty, referrals, and auto pay.

Just make sure you don't join Public Points, cause that will affect loyalty and autopay, and just overall points satisfaction, IMO.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@canadaeh99 

yes you'll keep Rewards.

Need Help? Let's chat.