Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New subscriber

HelenaL
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am considering switching from virgin. 

I would like to know the following:

Is the service comparable to virgin?

Can I cancel service anytime without being charged?

I was looking at to 20 GB plan for 29 a month. It says if I subscribe for 90 days I can get it for $24 a month. What will the charge be after the 90 days?

Is this essentially a 90 day contract? 

Is there an easier way to reach customer service? So far this process has taken far longer than it should. 

9 REPLIES 9

RetiredGuy1
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@hTideGnow As @HelenaL is a potential new subscriber she would get 5% back on the $75 90-day plan cost as she would have no points accumulated to date. But, just to clarify, the 5% points back is for every dollar spent so, for example, if one happens to be redeeming 15 points towards a $75 plan renewal, they would get 5% of $60 back in points

HelenaL

I thought about that but I was worried I would no longer be considered a new customer and therefore wouldnt be elidable for the $25/month for 90 day contract 

Hi @HelenaL 

point is pretty much 1 point = $1

you will get 5% back in Public Points. So a $29 plan will be $29* 5% or if you go for 90 days, you pay $75 upfront and you will get $75*5% back in points

every year on your anniversary , you can another 10 points

then you redeem for $15 bill credit when you have 15 points.  🙂

HI @HelenaL 

still no full month refund, but if you start with a 30 days plan,  you can think about leaving earlier if you don't like

HelenaL

Thank you.

Are you able to explain how the points system works? and what the badges are for?

@HelenaL 

You might want to check if your number can be ported over PM. In most cases number can be portable.

https://secure.koodomobile.com/checktransfereligibilityparrot/default.do 

Since PM is a prepaid service, you can cancel anytime but their will be no refund on unused days (30 days or 90 days) so depending on which plan you go for.
Just disable AutoPay and service will stop on your next renewal date. After 90 days of nonpayment, your account will be closed.

The other option to closed your account is to port your number over to another carrier and your account will automatically closed after porting.

golfball
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

You would continue to pay the same amount ($75) every 90 days.

Prepaid carriers like Public Mobile generally don't offer partial refunds if you leave early. You can keep your phone number.

HelenaL

Thank you, 

So, can I continue to select a 90 day contract and get the lower rate even after the initial 90 days is up?

And, when you say no refunds, if I were on a month to month plan, for example and cancelled a week in Id pay the full month?

Will I be able to keep my phone number?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @HelenaL 

major difference is the customer support.  Here, everything goes through ticket and message and you don't have a support centre to call

for data and phone service, both PM and Virgin use Bell network

and everythere here is prepaid and no refund if you cancel or leave early.  The $29 plan will be $25/30 days if you sign up for 90 days subscription.  You will have to pay $75 upfront for 90 days and PM will give you the 60GB data to be used for 90 days.  Major trouble is the prepaid part, so if you decide to go with 90 days, you are basically on a mini 90 days contract

Need Help? Let's chat.