cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are the Mods that swamped?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle
I left a couple of PMs for mods to follow up on concerning issues encountered during activation. Haven't heard a peep from them yet. One of the issues affects the lack of service which requires expedient investigation (second day without proper service). Other issue less serious and can wait. What kind of turn around time should I expect? Also, is there any service credits awarded for down time or are customers expected to suck it up?
9 REPLIES 9

They should have hired more contract employees to manage extra traffic this promo has generated.
And yet they have time to answer random posts tonight helping random people who don't have to wait...

PM did hire a new community mod (Caroline_D) last month.  I suspect that PM's (now) four mods cannot claim full credit for resolving all customer issues: they likely interact "behind the scenes" with any number of other PM employees who are responsible for accounts/billing, technical, website, (Telus) business liaison, and legal details.  Their primary task is "front-end" customer service and communication - and, let's face it, they each work their shifts and put in their hours while hoards of customers never sleep - and their primary medium is this PM Community forum (alongside private messages, emails, etc), answering posts and maintaining open communication is probably exactly what they're supposed to be doing while time-consuming customer problems are gradually resolved backstage.

Activation Blues

Stress Free Activation

Risk Free Activation

Procedure to follow when hung up:

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Information-required-before-sending-a-me...

Channel your patient persona. 🙏

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

W0507636
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
I'm sure staff are delegated to complete certain tasks. Someone needs to manage each aspect of the business. So you might see replies from certain moderators but I am sure there is a significant amount going on in the background, unfortunately we just see a small aspect of the business which is the forum.

rugerty100
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

Vanterax

And yet they have time to answer random posts tonight helping random people who don't have to wait...

ledzeppelin
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
They should have hired more contract employees to manage extra traffic this promo has generated.

JaK
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @will13am;

Apparently yes, they are that swamped! 😞 The root cause is this promo, they are getting so many new activations, and a percentage fail. They haven't published any backlog wait times that I know of, but they are apparently at least several days behind. See this post from PM: http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Doing-wireless-different-has-its-ups-and...

Under normal circumstances (ie before the promo), wait times were normally same day for initial response, often fixed same day.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

This service is great when nothing goes wrong.  It is quite disconcerting when there is a problem and nobody around to provide some form of acknowledgement.  Just giving me a number and telling me where I am in the queue is a good start. 

Vanterax

I also have been waiting.  PM, support ticket, Facebook, Twitter, etc.  Complete radio silence.  Then I see some replying to random posts here this evening.

Need Help? Let's chat.