cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are my community login credentials the same for my account and this question forum?

blueberries78
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I can log into this PM Community with my user name and password, (that's why I'm able to post here) but I cannot log into my account to pay for my bill. The account login asks for my email and password. I'm positive I'm putting in all that information correctly but it's not working. Can anyone help? 

8 REPLIES 8

@on2wheels wrote:

Part of the issue here is the ambiguity of the Community page.  The "Sign In" link at the top is misleading.  Not everyone will know to click on the icon of a person to log into the forums.  This is bad web design in my opinion. Google is notorious for this, putting icons on functions that are not self explanatory. Especially when you're giving a demo to people of how to use the pub mobile site, and even more so when those people are older and not very tech savvy.

on2wheels_0-1681934229261.png

That same feedback was given to Public Mobile during the testing stages of the newly designed website.  I am also in agreement with you that the icon/symbol used doesn't make it entirely obvious that you're supposed to click on that to sign into Community.  I do like some of the new features of the Commnunity website but l preferred the design of the old website from about a year ago better.

on2wheels
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Part of the issue here is the ambiguity of the Community page.  The "Sign In" link at the top is misleading.  Not everyone will know to click on the icon of a person to log into the forums.  This is bad web design in my opinion. Google is notorious for this, putting icons on functions that are not self explanatory. Especially when you're giving a demo to people of how to use the pub mobile site, and even more so when those people are older and not very tech savvy.

on2wheels_0-1681934229261.png

@Tsawwassen wrote:

Most likely --- but to make sure check your profile settings ---

The Community and My account can never have the same credentials. An e-mail address can't be the Community username.

Tsawwassen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Most likely --- but to make sure check your profile settings ---

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@blueberries78  they don’t have to be but it’s best to have them be the same , self serve and community are two different systems 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@blueberries78 

Your account and this Community are different and not connected.

You can have the same email/user ID and password for both system.

If you activated your SIM/account and used the same email. You can check click on your avatar on the top right then click on My Settings…this will show your email address then click on Forgot Password.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@blueberries78   no, they are different systems

Community: while email is used to registered, you login with your username

My Account, email address is used to login

Of course, you can use the same email address to register both  (but again, Community use username to login).  And it is advised to use the same email address as you can earn Community rewards that way.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@blueberries78 

You likely registered the same email for both accounts but your self serve account uses the email as the username while your community account uses your username. Are you the type to use the same password  on different accounts? Or do you make different passwords for each of your accounts?

You can check your community account profile settings for the email registered. Is it the same as the one you likely used for your self serve? Have you tried logging into your rewards account? It uses the same login credentials as your self serve account. You could just be making an error you are not noticing? A comma instead of a period? A one instead of an "I"? Or yahoo instead gmail?

Edit:

Try using secret/incognito mode.

Need Help? Let's chat.