cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anybody use Xiaomi on PM Network

notchy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have used their phones in the past and they are great phones. It has been a long time since I ever used their phone and it was with another service provider. 

Does anyone know if Xiaomi works well on the PM network? I know you can check the bans but with the dropped calls on the network with my current phone , which is a Pixel 7 and it is a phone that can be used on the network.

Xiaomi Mix Flip may launch internationally

https://m.gsmarena.com/xiaomi_mix_flip_may_be_available_globally-news-63139.php

6 REPLIES 6

Tom22335566

I'm not sure if it helps, but I used a Xiaomi phone for 2 years with Telus Mobility. I manually enabled Volte and it worked great. PM theoretically should be the same as it uses very similar frequencies on 4G and uses the same frequencies on 5G. 

Andy72

Dropped calls is not just you and your phone, it is widespread issue affecting many people in different locations  with even "approved" VOLTE phone. I am sure PM/Telus is aware of it but so far there was no acknowledgment and ETA on when it will be fixed. 

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@notchy 

No personal experience with Xiaomi phones.  However, Xiaomi phones are not on the whitelist for VoLTE approved phones for Public mobile.  Not sure how that would affect the voice calling/dropping issue that PM is experiencing these days. 

ccreight
New in Town / Nouveau en Ville

Pixel 7 as well.

notchy

What is the model of your phone?

ccreight
New in Town / Nouveau en Ville

Interesting, my phone drop calls a lot as well....

Need Help? Let's chat.