cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anniversary Date Points Question (is it per year?)

edinez1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I've been reading about the new rewards program (wondering if I should change to it from the legacy rewards system). I saw the following and would need clarification

Anniversary Points10 pointsFor every twelve months you stay with us, you’ll earn 10 points. Think of it like an anniversaryOn your Anniversary date

The the above mean that after 1 year i get 10 pt bonus? How about after a total or 2 years, do I get 20 pts bonus, or still just 10pts? Same question what about after 3, 4, 5 years?

With the old reward option, for every year we are members we accumulate (so after 1 year, we get $1, after 2 $2, etc, up to a maximum of $5 for 5 years, then keep getting $5).

Thanks,

Enzo

9 REPLIES 9

HI @Sansan 

for your new account on Public Points, check the rewards page every couple months, if you see 15 points, you can redeem for $15 bill credit there, the fund will be added to the My Account on the same day

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

So I'm on the old system about 5 years now for 1 child.  I have the $15 plan. The bill comes to about just under $10 month.

I signed up a second plan for other child to the same 15 plan in October only to realize that the old system is no longer available 😒. So I'm on both the old and new.  I haven't figured out yet how much i will be paying with the new points system. Even with autopay, refer and friend and all that...

But I long preferred the old way and will not switch unless forced to 🤞. If I had a choice upon signing up this second phone, I would have changed it to the legacy. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@edinez1 -  Do you find it difficult to manage all the login credentials for each account you manage? It is not likely they will have multiple numbers on 1 account as this is a prepaid service. You see that more on postpaid providers. But, you never know...

edinez1

@softech 

Thanks for the detailed explanation. Think I will stick with the current old rewards plan.

Again, just hope they will eventually (some time soon) allow multiple numbers on 1 account.

edinez1

@esjliv 

Thanks for info. I was thinking the old system is better, but was curios so I asked.

just annoyed that you can't have multiple numbers in 1 account. Hope PM changes this soon.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@edinez1 - Public likely would want all customers to change to points. I suggest you stay legacy. Much better for you. It may seem tempting to switch to points, but that is really only upfront benefits. Unless you are the type to use your points to enter contests and stuff. I'd prefer my rewards go to lowering my mobile plan.

Loyalty basically goes away if you switch to points (well, in a more cost saving way). Autopay ($2 off per 30 days) goes away too, FYI!

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@edinez1 

Anniversary point is once per year

A quick answer to your question about if you should go with the new one, Don't Look,  don't think and just stay on the legacy rewards system  

Quick advise for anyone who consider changing:  If you are gone, you are gone.  That is a point of NO RETURN!!

in summary  

1.  $2 Autopay is no longer there and replaced with 5% ,  you get less UNLESS you have the $40 plan or above
    (but you get 5% for your other Add-on purchases as well)
  2. No more loyalty rewards, meaning the loyalty discount of $1/month up to $5/month will be gone. Instead, they will only give $10 each year on the anniversary.
    1st to 12th month:     Legacy system will give $0 that year, versus $10 at the end of the 12th month with thew new system
    13th to 24th month:  Legacy system will give $12 that year ($1/cycle), versus $10 at the end of the 24th month with the new system
    25th to 36th month:  Legacy will give $24 that year ($2/cycle), versus $10 at the end of the 36th month with the new system
     61st and beyond: Legacy will give $60/year ($5/cycle) versus $10/year on the anniversary day under the new system 

3. You can no longer apply $1 or $2 you got to the bill right a way, you have to collect enough to 15 points to cash out $15 in one shot
    Also, you have to remember to convert your points to dollars once it reaches 15 points.  PM no longer automatic apply the reward discount.

On the other hand, the goodies for new system,
           - 5% Points back for add-on purchases as well
           - add-ons are around 33% cheaper when you redeem with Public Points
           - you can use 1 point for lucky draw, so, technically you bet $1 and can win an iPhone 
              (Unfortunately, this goodie on the new system is gone as of mid-2023)

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @edinez1 

the Anniversary point is just 10 points once a year no matter how many years you have been with PM

Legacy system can be as many as $5 per onth, so no way the new one is better

Please stay with the old

mojorising
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Simple answer- Do not change to Public Points.

Need Help? Let's chat.