cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions about switch to new points system

qcriderfan872
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So, I held on all the way with the old system, and now they’re forcing the new points system, they are giving me all this data as a bonus but I don’t really need it, except for i don’t actually know since I’m on the 75gb plan now and didn’t run out. The data usage thing makes no sense to me either, there’s never a total from the previous month. Can someone help me decide if I should downgrade my plan to take full advantage of the extra data? Worried I won’t be able to get on the same plan I am now. Also I’m getting $7 off now per month now, how much will I get off each month when the points system starts? Also, they tried to pull my authorized payment from my card but it’s a refillable card that I usually emt money into the day of, does PM ever try again or do they try once then pause service? Thanks 

7 REPLIES 7

@Phil_Adelphus  I imagine the bonus data would be lost . But the general consensus is that the bonus data is irrelevant and not needed anyways was just an after thought . So to me saving the $120 a year is more valuable then some bonus data add on that will expire and most likely never get used anyways . So for me i would always choose the option that saves me more money for the same data bucket or more . But certainly some things to consider . For me thou the clear choice is saving the $10 every 30 days 

@Handy1   Bearing in mind that if @qcriderfan872 drops to a lower price plan the bonus data will be lost but of course that might be considered worth it anyway.  Which actually raises another interesting question, what if someone drops to a lower price plan 3 months  into the 150 days the bonus data is supposed to last?  Is the remaining bonus data, if any left, then removed?

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@qcriderfan872  Now that you know how bad the new point system is and that it will cost you around $50 more a year . Looking at your screen shot you on a 75GB for $50

right now you could change to the 75GB $40 CAN/US plan and save yourself $120 year with that plan . Just be sure to change plan for next renewal and not immediately or you lose money on your current cycle 

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@qcriderfan872  From the Public Mobile rewards change FAQ

"Will I lose my special bonus data if I switch plans?

The bonus data will remain active unless your account becomes inactive, you switch to a plan of lower value or to an incompatible plan."

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/move-to-public-points 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@qcriderfan872 

From previous posts from members that download their plan and found out they lost their bonus data. Members have indicated that they won’t loss their bonus data if they upgrade their plan.

You will be paying the full amount of your plan and will get 5% in points of your monthly plan. Once you have collected 15 points you can redeem it for a $15 credit.

You will also loss the $2 credit for AutoPay so you won’t get 2 points.

You will receive 10 points for the each anniversary date while you are with PM.

Your first payment will be $50 and will earn  2.5 points ($50 x 0.05) + 10 points (anniversary) = 12.5 points.

On your second payment of $50, you will receive another 2.5 points ($50 x 0.05).

On your third payment, you can redeem the 15 points… $50 - $15 = $35.

qcriderfan872

IMG_5705.png

IMG_5704.png

IMG_5706.png

 like I’m a heavy mobile data user ain’t no way my data usage for the last 3 days was that low, can’t use the download function either and custom date range doesn’t work either for usage. I switched to the cheaper 5g plan, I’m expecting chaos from the system though since the system probably is still trying to renew my 75gb plan wondering why the money wasn’t received 🤣

qcriderfan872

IMG_5698.png

IMG_5699.png

IMG_5700.png

IMG_5701.png

IMG_5702.png

IMG_5703.png

Need Help? Let's chat.