cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android to Android Texts While Both In The USA

Bacsi
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi. I have an Android phone with a  PM 4g LTE plan, the other is also an Android with some Freedom Mobile plan. We're both going to be in the US at the same time. 1. Can I send and receive texts with the Freedom person without doing anything? 2. If both of us have RCS and Roaming turned on, would that be sufficient? 3. Do I need the talk/text add-on to send/receive texts with the other Android.?  I did some searching but couldn't find a definitive answer. Thank You. 

4 REPLIES 4

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Bacsi 

Yes you need USA Add-on for you to call, text and have data. You will also need roaming enabled but you may have to connect to AT&T or T-Mobile network. Also enable VoLTE for calling.

IMG_0148.png

If you and your other party have WhatsApp or TextNow app. You can call and text for free on wifi.

If your friend have Canada, USA & Mexico plan. They don’t need Add-on.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Bacsi 

yes, if both have RCS and Roaming turned on and both have roaming mobile data, it will work

but if you don't have roaming mobile data, it will only work when you have wifi

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Bacsi 

you'd need a 15 Day US roaming add-on with text to be able to text each other. Either that or a currently offered US/Canada plan. Another option is to use WhatsApp to message each other using local wifi or separately purchased local data.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Bacsi  Yes you can and yes you will need  US add on to do so . Unless you have CAN/US plan that has roaming built into it 

Handy1_0-1728660861456.png

Need Help? Let's chat.