cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazingly terrible service.

Ahh
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I can't believe how inaccessible the cutomer support is. The boss must have fired all but like 5 employees. And I am constantly facing exciting new issues ranging from texting outages to passwords stopping working. All this company does is own cable. I sure do love land lord tier monopoly capital and complete lack of competition.

👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

5 REPLIES 5

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Ahh yes, customer service response time is not the quickest, but usually respond in couple hours.  In some case, it can be a day or two.  This is why it is Tier 3 service.   You don't go to McDonald's and complain no one serve you like in fine dining 

In terms of the actual telecom service,  it is as good as Telus or Bell as they use the same network towers.  Voice on 3G without VoLTE, this can be improved but so far voice on 3G is at least 90% reliable in my experience 

No excuse for the login issue, caching issue on the new My Account.  They should fix it soon. 

Again I paid for a Corolla, it works, it runs, just not as great as a Lexus for sure   🙂

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I’ve been with Public for over 3 years and had no issues.
I certainly don’t miss being overcharged by Rogers every month and then being transferred multiple times to get reimbursed. The hold times were also ridiculous.
Public offers some great perks, yearly free long distance minutes and has good referral system. 😊

Luckily you’re not tied into a contract, so If you want tier 1 service, nobody is stopping you from going to Telus, Rogers or Bell. 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Ahh 

Public mobile has always been DIY service. When I switched just over 3 years ago I realized I had a huge learning curve to go from first tier customer service where you pay your bill and if there's an issue you pick up the phone and demand they fix it. Whereas with pm you fix it, buy it, stop it, pause it, troubleshoot it and when all else fails or it just not feasible you seek customer support.

Getting customer support used to be a huge issue with wait times exceeding 48 hours commonplace. This is rare nowadays with even a system wide glitch  affecting a large percentage of customer wait times are hard pressed to be much more than 3 or 4 hours. The majority of the time customers will, receive a reply in as little as 10 minutes to around an hour. If a customer has sought the advice of the community so that the nature or cause of the issue is identified and all troubleshooting or guidance has been attempted then a customer support request will be expedited as all possible solutions have been exhausted.

Granted SIMon can be an exercise in frustration and without pre-verifying private messaging can be a repetitive back and forth or when an unknowledgable new CSA more concerned about keeping their job rather than their customers. Arm yourself with knowledge and know how and you will do OK but it does not help when public mobile tries to improve its aging technology with nifty graphics and new features only to create new problems, glitches and seemingly eliminate useful tools and features without thought of the consequences they can cause.

Yet the vast majority of customers never seem to have a problem blissfully having set it and forget with autopay and only need to seek help once every 4 or 5 years when they need to update their credit card info either just before their renewal or after autopay fails from an expired payment card?

Public mobile is a classic car.....way too much work for some but for others they can't imagine using anything else?

frankysplace
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I agree. I am on my third year with Public Mobile on the 15 dollar a month plan and with auto pay my bill is 10 dollars a month. In two years it will be 8 dollars a month. I don’t need much data cause I use Fonus data sim which allows me to roam in Canada, the U.S. and Mexico. I use voip when out side of Canada. I also initiate outgoing calls over Public Mobile using the internet and a free call back service. Some times I will text friends to call me thus taking advantage of my unlimited incoming calls. I am also assuming that once 3G is shut down in Canada all third tier providers will have to switch to 4G. I think this may happen in 2025. This is just speculation.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

in all honesty I don't believe those to be an issue with this company. when I was researching/looking  for new providers I knew these short comings were a part of this mobile service. if one is looking for a company that just works this is not it... I knew first hand that I would need to come into the forums and learn how to run this service. yes customer support is slow. thats the reason for one to learn the workarounds, so one doesn't have to contact customer support for immediate assistance. to avoid any sort of service disruption. it's always best to preload the account with available funds before renewal. probably a week or so just incase the website starts acting up. this will avoid the account deactivating and then reactivating during the renewal process and not provisioning correctly. for the password one needs to login at least once every 2 months. the system deletes the credentials after 90 days of not logging in. you will still probably complain and say these things should work. but, I don't believe this company is made that way unfortunately. 

Need Help? Let's chat.