cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am I Expecting Too Much ?

Tombrowning
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I joined PM on Sunday. During my first phone call after activating my phone the line dropped 3 times. It was a 15 minute call.

I then went to our local Costco with my new PM service and I had absolutely no connectivity. I live in Sittsville, Ontario. It's not exactly remote.

I contacted PM via ticket creation. They had me add an APN, Reset my network settings, restart my phone. 

I then went shopping on Wednesday ( today) and once again, no connectivity.

At home I use wireless for data. But as soon as I need data on the go.....sporadic or nothing.

At home  turning off wireless, my dl speed is 1.8 using Ookla Speed Test. It is consistently under 2.

My wife is having the exact same issues. We both switched over on Sunday from Videotron which we were with for 5 years with absolutely no issues.

I'm reading the community messages and am wondering if people are simply accepting sub standard service because of the savings or do some people actually have no issues with No Connectivity.

I am regretting my switch to PM

15 REPLIES 15

Tombrowning

The CS team are aware that their suggestions have not worked. Their last suggestion was to buy a new SIM card which I know is not the issue. That would have just exasperated an already frustrating situation. So I requested my issue be escalated.

I was contacted by a network engineer from PM thisvAM  and he made me aware of a year old issue between Bell and Telus that they have been trying to resolve. He told me that PM is fully aware of the issue in my area. So  it seems that my situation is not unique in my neighborhood.

Possibly you were not in the affected area when you were here. I'm not sure. But he was adamant, and honest, that there is a known issue.

Thanks again Phil. 

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Tombrowning   Maybe consider giving customer support another shot at it, do they know their previous suggestions didn't work?   Something must be amiss because I had no problem in that area this week and never have before either.  

Tombrowning

Hi Phil 

Same on LTE/4g

I do no have any data limiting features on.

I am really at a loss. My wife and I are both having the same issue on different phones. We just received our Sim cards Sunday, ported our numbers from Videotron ( after 5 years of problem free service...it wss a cost cutting move) and are both at a loss.

We are far from techo geeks but we are both very competent with technology. This has been a very disappointing experience so far. At this point we have started searching for our next provider.

Thank you for trying to help. 

@Tombrowning   What do you get if you set it to 4G/LTE?  Do you have any kind of data saver/battery saver on?   

Tombrowning

Hi Again,

When I have it on Auto Select I see 5G with barely a bar. I just ran an Ookla Speed Test and here are the results.

I'm not sure what is normal but I'm pretty sure it's not this! 

1000001051.jpg

@Tombrowning   I have auto connect selected for the network. The phone is 5 G capable

When it does connect, what speed does it say?   As I said, I was in Stittsville earlier this week and was getting 5G and 5G+ on an iPhone that was set to 5G Auto.  No issues at all.  Have you tried changing options in the settings, say if it is on 5G have you tried 4G/LTE?

Tombrowning

Thank you.

I have a Samsung A25.

I'm wondering if when resetting all network settings I lose all BT pairings and any saved wifi zones?

Tombrowning

Thanks Eddie. Appreciate the links. Seems like there may be some issues in my area based on the Telus map.

I have a Samsung A25

My wife is using a Samsung A70

We have cycled Airplane mode and restarted. No change.

I am going to dig deeper into the potential Telus issues. The map seems to indicate there may be an issue in our area but I'm going to get to my laptop to confirm. It's difficult to tell on my phone.

Thanks again.

Tombrowning

Samsung A25

I have auto connect selected for the network. The phone is 5 G capable.

Tombrowning

First thing I did. Might as well have just chatted with the AI bot since the agent basically walked me through the exact same steps. 

Chanah_again
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi Phil - thanks for asking. My phone is  a Samsung S20 plus, and I keep it on 4g/LTE.

After being locked out of my account ever since Eversafe started until last week (couldn't create an ID owing to constant bootlooping), the dropped calls ongoing for months, and not being able to downgrade my plan, I've just about had it with PM.

But if you know a fix for the dropped calls, I'm all ears. I used to get five bars all the time, for years, and suddenly it dropped to one or two bars. Sometimes in the dead of night it'd go up to three or four, sometimes not - and that really isn’t prime calling time.

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Tombrowning  Coincidentally I was in that area earlier this week and had no connection problems.  What phone do you have, and is the network set to 5G, 4G/LTE, or 3G?

Chanah_again
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Dropped calls are an issue for most of us, I think. But what's going on with you sounds like you're not getting a connection at all.

Click the orange button to send a ticket. The mods are fairly prompt in answering.

eddieO
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Tombrowning, my wife, daughter and I have been with PM for 2 and half months and we're in southern Ontario but not having any issues with data speeds or service when out and about in our city or at home. There was a nation wide issue affecting dropped calls around a month and a half ago which I personally experienced several times but it's been fixed, we haven't seen any related posts in a while. Having said all this, below is a TELUS outage map that could show if there are any known issues where you are. I can also provide you with the tower coverage map so that you can see if that info can help you. Have you tried restarting your phone or turning on airplane mode and then turn turning it off? What phones are you and your wife using?

TELUS outage map: https://istheservicedowncanada.com/status/telus/map

Public Mobile coverage map: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/coverage

@Tombrowning what phone do you have??

Start with Reset All Networks on you phone first.

If it does not work well, try changing the network mode, try both 4G (or LTE) and 5G Auto and check which one works better 

And last, try your sim in another phone if you have a physical sim 

Need Help? Let's chat.