cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All my add-ons are not showing up and internet is not working

EndoCraze
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

My internet is not working but phone calls do. When i go to check my internet usage at the portal, i see nothing and it says i don't have any add-ons. I have not changed anything, account-wise since 2016. I also paid for 3 months on Apr 18th and i did not use all 12 GB during this time. Please help. Its for account 10000000xxx (Mxxxxxx xxxxxx).

Thank you

Edit by Dunkman: removed personal information

20 REPLIES 20

@EndoCraze wrote:

Its my dad's phone but i pay for it. His phone showed 8.8gb from May1st to May 29 usage so I am starting to feel like he probably did go over the limit. Chrome shows 90% of that usage amount comes from there, which is very strange. I expected it be youtube or something like that. Is there a way to find out on which web pages the data usage was the highest? 

@EndoCraze  - unless you can see that on a device level, you won't be able to obtain that info. from Public mobile (regarding what web pages used data).

You can check his data usage history here: https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/viewUsageChangePlan/

But it can be quite cumbersome to go through with all the pages to scroll through. But it is doable if you would like to see what days were the most culprits.

The data usage history is not automatically updated like the Overview section is. So data used this evening, will not likely be posted to the details until tomorrow morning.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Data usage can run away sometimes when wifi is inadvertently turned off or disabled and then you're using data unknowingly 

EndoCraze

Its my dad's phone but i pay for it. His phone showed 8.8gb from May1st to May 29 usage so I am starting to feel like he probably did go over the limit. Chrome shows 90% of that usage amount comes from there, which is very strange. I expected it be youtube or something like that. Is there a way to find out on which web pages the data usage was the highest? 

EndoCraze

Says active from previous screenshots and i am able to place calls in and out.

Did you receive all the freebies that this place gives everyone like some data (which may be all used) and also some international long distance (which included Canada and US in regards to your provincial plan)?

Did you call other areas in Canada or the US (or of course international) and use up those minutes?

Do you have any prior images of your overview page from before anything happened?

To show nothing under add-ons after all these years of accumulating freebies is telling.

@EndoCraze   For Galaxy S7, you can at least get Mobile Download usage on the device for the last months

Check Mobile Data page and change "Start billing cycle on"  to 30th day of each month  to capture the usage of since April 30th  (Understand your current cycle starts on April 18, but the device usage can only track the last 30 /31 days) 

E-MobileData.png

there, it can tell you how much data used since and which app used the data

You can then go back to PM My Account's Usage history page and see if that matches out the usage since April 30th

@EndoCraze wrote:

2022-05-29 08_57.png
What does Expired mean?

@EndoCraze - your account status currently says Expired? Like below:

esjliv_0-1653830996593.png

That can be shown on the morning of a plan renewal. But services should be working...which you are saying calls work, right ...  So calling in/out and texting in/out is working?

But, in your screenshot above, it shows Active. Where do you see expired?

EDIT duh...I see the Expired now, in the screenshot JUST above in this post. ok sorry.

I am not familiar with the 90 day plans. So maybe others can pipe in who have these...maybe that is a sign it WAS used up.

EndoCraze

Thank you for editing the post. I couldn't find the options under the arrow but i appreciate you did it for me. There were no updates OS wise (its galaxy s7 :)). App updates are disabled for metered network and only update on wi-fi for me. Its very strange and the first time i saw something like this since 2016. I usually use 5-6gb in 3 months out of 12 given. Hopefully customer service can help with this further. Thank you everyone for your help!

@EndoCraze 

See what the customer service agents says, but I have a feeling that you used up 12 GB data this 90 day cycle.  PM data tracker is usually accurate.

Maybe some background data usage. Update of Apps?  Wifi disconnected and you used data instead? As mentioned before, you could check your general data usage in your self service account. See whether there was some abnormal data usage on a certain day.  

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@EndoCraze Hello you have given way to much info here this is a community forum anyone can see your information this is how people are hacked!! please click on the down arrow as @esjliv  suggested to edit your post and remove your name and account number 

@EndoCraze only the customer service agent can look into it for you just open a ticket, hopefully they can solve your issue 

@EndoCraze wrote:

I checked in another browser and the same situation happened. This is what i see under view my usage: 

EndoCraze_0-1653828739676.png

I definitely did not use all my 12gb of data as i only use it to read news and don't even watch any videos. Who can help me investigate where my data went and why its flagging it in such a way.

EndoCraze

2022-05-29 08_57.png
What does Expired mean?

EndoCraze

I meant my plan add-on, i never bought any additional add-ons.

EndoCraze

I checked in another browser and the same situation happened. This is what i see under view my usage: 

EndoCraze_0-1653828739676.png

I definitely did not use all my 12gb of data as i only use it to read news and don't even watch any videos. Who can help me investigate where my data went and why its flagging it in such a way.

@EndoCraze just ask to open a ticket to have them investigate your consumption remember an add on is a one time purchase and is not renewed every cycle 

@EndoCraze click on view my usage to see your data consumption for the last few months, look for any extra data usage 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@EndoCraze  - please edit your original post to remove your personal info. (account #, name,,,) click the down arrow at the top right of your post.

Usually if the data line does not show up that normally means you used up all your data.

To ensure your addons (not being listed) are not a finicky browser issue, log out of self serve, try clearing your browser history/cookies, and/or open a tab in incognito mode. Then open self serve to see if you see anything listed.

If data does show up, try your sim card into another phone to see if data works.

Other troubleshooting for data with your phone:

• restart your phone
  • toggle into airplane mode then back again
  • reset network settings

Otherwise, see @iliketotalk 's post.

EndoCraze

I went through Simon but the best it could do is to ask me to make a new ticket. I tried to do that but its asking me when add-on was purchased and i don't remember when as it was sometime in 2016. I also don't see my plan in the list of available ones. What do i do next?

EndoCraze

Thank you for the fast reply. I tried that but i don't get any information there. Here is what i see.2022-05-29 08_36.png

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@EndoCraze hi could you check your usage in your self serve account to see if there was excessive usage, if not  you will need to open a ticket through Simon to speak to a customer service agent they will help you  Click here 

Need Help? Let's chat.