cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Airalo eSIM failed

Tee4
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

The airalo eSIMs failed. And now Public wants me to activate with a physical Sims card. I have no time to go purchase a physical card. I have upgraded my phone in order to use eSims. (Public says that they will rembourse me but this is not the point)

Anyone else have this problem?

thank you?

13 REPLIES 13

@Tee4 all phones can get multiple eSIM profiles just usually cannot have more than 1 to set as active 

Try disable your PM sim card first and then doenload your Airalo eSIM.  

Worst case, delete the PM eSIM first and buy it back later.  But I honestly don't think PM eSIM is the issue as long as you disable it and download the other one 

@Tee4 wrote:

The problem is I am trying to download a eu sims card from Airalo. For some reason Airalo says that it can’t download because of The provider PM. I have done everything that PM has requested and still not able to download the arialo eSIM. I don’t think PM understands. They told me to get a physical esims. But I need one from EU. 

@Tee4 

Which model phone?  Some phones do not support 2 eSIM card.  Some phones require one physical SIM card and one eSIM card.  

Tee4

The problem is I am trying to download a eu sims card from Airalo. For some reason Airalo says that it can’t download because of The provider PM. I have done everything that PM has requested and still not able to download the arialo eSIM. I don’t think PM understands. They told me to get a physical esims. But I need one from EU. 

@Tee4 two years ago the MAC store set it all up to use an eSIm

I don't think PM had esim two years ago?  I'm a bit confused,  how does airalo fit in here and require a PM physical sim?

But it does not say what country is it for? And why should I purchase it from PM? I am very confused. 

Public Mobile is only for use in Canada (or the US with a roaming plan/add-on).  

@Tee4 

@Tee4 wrote:

Hi! How do I make the PM eSim card my primary?

Which model phone?  Usually under your phone settings. Carrier section. Select primary SIM card. 

Tee4

Hi! How do I make the PM eSim card my primary?

Tee4

Hi! How do I activate the PM eSIMs as the primary? 

Tee4

How do I register a downloaded eSIMs card with PM? Is it automatically? 

PM now tells me that I can go onto the app and purchase a eSIM card for $5. But it does not say what country is it for? And why should I purchase it from PM? I am very confused. 

@Tee4 

what phone do you have?  What exact model? While most phones with eSIM would work here, there are some won't work

To rebuy new eSIM , first, download the app on your new phone.  (If you have problem logging in because you are not getting the 2FA code on the phone, click "didn't receive code" or "Resend code" and then click "Send email".)  Once you are logged in,  click Account from the bottom, then click Purchase SIM Card and select eSIM

Once it confirms your phone is eSIM compatible, click Pay $  and Install (the system will check and apply a $5 credit to bring the total price back to $0 at checkout), and follow the prompt to complete and purchase and install eSIM on your device

I'm just trying to figure a few things out there because I feel like I'm missing something.

Which phone is it? You have space for 2 eSIMs?  How many eSIM slots are being used? Have you actually signed up with Public Mobile as a new customer or are you a regular customer and just got a new phone? 

Tee4

I mean… how do I register a new esims with pm?

Tee4

Thank you for your quick response! I know!?! Is this not strange that PM asked for me to purchase a physical sims? How do I register it with PM? My PM number is already listed as a secondary number as when i purchased the phone two years ago the MAC store set it all up to use an eSIM… so that way I am ready! 

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hello @Tee4 

Unfortunately we are unable to help you with your airalo eSIM issues. If it has failed, you will have to speak with them to resolve it. With regards to PM asking you to activate with a physical SIM card, I'm not sure why. If you have room for 2 eSIM on your phone, there is no reason why you can't download a second eSIM and register it with PM. You just have to pick PM as your primary eSIM.

If you need a physical SIM, Amazon sells them. Click on AMAZON for the link.

Or locations near you that have a SIM. TELUS STORES

Need Help? Let's chat.